Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

I need an intervention

Somebody seriously needs to shut down my eBay account.  Today.  Before I buy another pair of shoes for my wedding!  I now have (or will, when they get here) seven pairs of shoes to choose from.  OMG - I can't stop.  And it's just shoes.  I'm absolutely perfectly happy with my dress, and the veil, and my accessories, but I am such a shoe whore.  Of course, I will have to say that I each pair has cost me less than $30, but that's not really the point, is it?

Anybody know have a cure for me?!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need an intervention

• Options
    Oh, but the problem is that I love them all!  I have a fitting in February, and I HAVE to have it narrowed down to just ONE pair by then, because she's doing the final adjustments to the hem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is just silly, you need a reality check not an intervenion. My FI would fly off the hook if I bought seven pairs of shoes for the wedding. Luckily, I've decided to wear Sperrys (metalic sparkly "fancy" ones), so it shouldn't be a problem. Too bad they don't cost $30..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_need-intervention?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:b04f48bf-2e7c-4cae-a8b5-df3fbe9bc3a7Post:1ed42468-4a24-4acb-9d86-6684f883c4cf">Re: I need an intervention</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is why I love sites like endless.com.  Free shipping to you and free return shipping for items you don't want.   I ordered a ton of shoes and only kept the ones I liked the best.  (They charge your CC when they ship them to you and issue a pretty prompt refund upon return).
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I did, except with Zappos.com.  Ordered about $600 worth of shoes (it was fun), and sent back the pairs I didn't want.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_need-intervention?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:b04f48bf-2e7c-4cae-a8b5-df3fbe9bc3a7Post:37bfcaf9-b800-47ca-91a9-27b6077821d6">Re: I need an intervention</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is just silly, you need a reality check not an intervenion. My FI would fly off the hook if I bought seven pairs of shoes for the wedding. Luckily, I've decided to wear Sperrys (metalic sparkly "fancy" ones), so it shouldn't be a problem. Too bad they don't cost $30..
    Posted by Joker1628[/QUOTE]
    mine would have had a heart attack.  I told him I wanted new boots for christmas, when i just got some about 6 months ago.  I don't have a shoe fetish, but if I have the money, I tend to spend it all on new boots :/
  • Options
    PS- OP, stop.  Just stop.
  • Options
    SaraB -- out of curiosity, what size shoe do you wear?  I'm at a complete loss on shoes to wear for my wedding.  So if you're a size 9, let me know when you decide to get rid of the extra six pairs and post some pics:-)

Oh yeah.  And STOP BUYING SHOES :-)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    JUST STOP.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm the same way with jewelry. I currently have 3 different necklaces and a few more coming. I definitely will wear 2 that day, it's just deciding which two!! My issue is, if I decide I won't wear it that day, I keep it anyway! So I'm spending all this money!! AAAH

We both need a slap in the face...
  • Options
    I wore 2 pairs - one for the ceremony (fun green slingbacks) and then changed into ballroom dance shoes for the reception.  Some girls have two dresses, I had two pairs of shoes.  Pick one or two and return what you can.  And stop buying more!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_need-intervention?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:b04f48bf-2e7c-4cae-a8b5-df3fbe9bc3a7Post:1439bca6-3a30-48ab-badd-25a8b886c37e">Re: I need an intervention</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore 2 pairs - one for the ceremony (fun green slingbacks) and then changed into ballroom dance shoes for the reception.  Some girls have two dresses, I had two pairs of shoes.  Pick one or two and return what you can.  And stop buying more!
    Posted by gundy21[/QUOTE]

This is a good idea.  Actually, this is what I'm doing.  If one of the 7 pairs is flats, and one pair of heels, then stay with 2 and stop looking.  Seriously.

I love shoes too, but you will just keep wanting to buy if you don't stop looking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    As a fellow shoe whore (I have over 100 pairs of shoes/boots...  Surprised), I completely understand what you're going through!  I have 4 pairs of shoes I'm wearing on my wedding day...I have fuzzy yellow slipper flip flops for getting ready before the ceremony (and to wear around our hotel room on the HM!), the heels in my profile pic, some flats to change into in case my feet start hurting, and a pair of comfy yellow flip flops to wear out of the reception since we're heading straight to the airport for our HM, and I don't want to bring any of my blinged-out shoes with me and risk losing them!  They only way I've been able to justify all 4 pairs to FI is that I'll be able to wear 3 of them again after the wedding (the flats, slippers, and flip flops), and the heels will be on display in my craft room.  :)

My advice to you is:  STOP LOOKING.  When you found your dress, you stopped seriously looking at others (I hope).  Do the same for your shoes.  I had a different pair of heels before the ones I have now, and almost changed my mind another 3 or 4 times before I decided to bedazzle a pair of pumps.  If you need help deciding which ones to keep, post your dress and pics of all the shoes and there will be plenty of girls on here willing to help you out.  Then, either return or sell the rest and be DONE.  Good luck.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards