Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shoe inserts

My wedding shoes are high. Really, really high. I used to wear high heels daily, but I'm currently a stay at home mom and I don't have much occasion for heels anymore. I'm mostly barefoot or in flat boots or flats when we go out. 

My shoes are well made and don't really hurt except for the height. Do those gel inserts or pads really work? Any other suggestions besides returning them? (not an option, I already checked). I'm trying to wear them more to get used to the but they have a feather detail that's a bit long and hangs over the side and I don't want it to get all messed up before the big day. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shoe inserts

• Options
    You've pretty much answered your own question. Wear them around the house, frequently, and get your calves & feet accostomed to the heel height.

Ball of foot pads certainly would be fine to add, but if the shoe fits properly they won't make a huge difference.
  • Options
    I find that the inserts make the fit worse because they tend to make the shoe tighter on the foot because you are adding thickness to the inside of the shoe.

Why not wrap the feather detail up in cling wrap?  That will prevent any damage done to it and then you can wear them a lot to get used to the height.

I would also buy a pair of comfy flip flop wedges (I got a pair from VS) just in case your feet can't take the heels anymore on your wedding day.

• Options
    Definitely buy a backup pair. I wear heels frequently, and my feet were still hurting toward the end of the reception. I even *cringe* ended up kicking them off and dancing barefoot the last hour. I HATE when I see brides do that, but I really didn't remember to pack another pair, and I was desperate. My calves were seriously sore for half of the honeymoon because I tried to wear them so long.

• Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    I actually love the ball of foot pads and think they make a huge difference. Just make sure you take them out for the photographer to take pics. However, PPs are right... Your feet are going to hurt. I had a ceremony pair, then switched into a reception pair, and didn't take them off all night... And wound up in so much pain the next day! It hurt even to wear running shoes. A few weeks later I lost two toenails because my reception shoes were peep toe. But it was worth it and I wouldn't change it if I could do it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards