Attire & Accessories Forum

What colours go with a champagne dress?

I bought a GORGEOUS champagne coloured gown, but I'm having a hard time with the bridesmaid colour.  I have always thought brown but I'm getting a lot of slack about the fact that the wedding is in the middle of summer and it is too dark.  I am willing to consider other colours but I just don't know what?

I'd love your input!

Here is the dress/.
http://photo.buyer100.com/pic/MAR/BR/Madeira/Madeira-1.jpg

Re: What colours go with a champagne dress?

• Very pretty dress!

Are the bridesmaids the one giving you a hard time? Brown is a neutral and always appropriate and I've seen plenty of summer weddings where the BMs wore black dresses.

Keeping the dresses knee length and in a warm weather appropriate fabric is more important than the actual color. As a BM, I'd much rather wear a neutral then a pastel. If the BMs are so opposed to brown, ask what colors they like. .

• What about brown/chocolate dresses with a pop of color. Maybe a teal blue or hot pink sash? I love brown and blue, I think it looks really sophisticated!
  • A rich purple would be pretty. Or a soft pink.  Maybe even green.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A soft pink comes to mind when I thought of champagne.. what about sage? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also have a champagne dress. I'm doing like a garnet/burgundy color.
    10-10-10
    Anniversary
  • I think brown dresses would work very well. I agree with a pp about doing short. The only other color that really comes to mind for me is a gorgeous purple, but again, it would be dark.
    imageimageimage
  • brown would be fine maybe shorter dresses, and adding light colored accents like off white sashes and shoes?
    also colors like pinks, reds, and teals are great with champagne, i even like delicate pastels with champagne or even a soft earthy green, really the only color that I think is tough with champagne is bright yellow. but it's a very neutral color.
  • I"M partial to jewel tones, even for summer like the earlier mentioned garnet, purple, etc. A deep violet may look more "summery" than, say, an empire/royal purple, if you like.

A more subdued look would be a rose/pink or I do like the idea of sage.

I don't care for deep brown as far as BM dresses go but maybe a "mink" or "light chocolate" (all the designers have different, crazy names for different shades) would provide enough of a contrast to your dress & look vey elegant.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I would say latte (which is a lighter version of brown) or pink.  I love champagne and soft pink. That is a beautiful dress!
  • I have a latte coloured dress and my girls are wearing a deep red berry colour.  A light purple/lilac colour would look beautiful as well.

Gorgeous dress!
  • I'm clearly biased as I am getting married in July, have a champagne dress with ivory lace, and my BM's are wearing floor length black dresses.  For me, I am going for a certain feeling for the day/night so my BM color refelcts this (much go my mother's dismay!)  I think you can have whatever you want!  I agree that a shade of brown would be nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards