New Hampshire

Barn Reception- Greater Manchester Area

I'm looking to have a country style reception in a barn (or some other similar type - open, wood beams, type) like this:
PHS gallery_off.jpg  

Hopefully the pic comes out, if not http://www.peabodyhistorical.org/wedding_facilities.asp

Inside a barn with a million white lights and lanterns is just how I've always pictured.  Unfortunately this place is booked and out of our budget anyway.  I've searched online- a lot!- and scoured these boards.  Every place mentioned is a place I've already ruled out.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of any others that aren't normally mentioned b/c maybe they aren't normal wedding venues?  Someplace like this (not big enough) http://www.hollis.nh.us/lawrence/lawrence_main.htm

I need somewhere no more than an hour away from Manchester/ Salem area, for October 2012 for around 200 guests (give or take quite a bit- guest list is a very early guess).  I'm hoping that if I find a place like the community center, it won't cost a fortune and I can afford to decorate it!  Please help!  Thanks!!

Re: Barn Reception- Greater Manchester Area

• edited December 2011
    What about Zukas Hill Top Barn?  I'm not sure why they call it a barn.  But the prices are awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if Chichester is too far for you, but I looked at the Dell Lea, and it's definitely rustic and the ceremony site in the backyard is stunning. :) I'm not 100% sure how many people it can hold, but might be worth a call to them!
    Anniversary
  • singing_lynsinging_lyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Curtis Farm in Wilton, NH. I'm not sure if they actually allow you to use the barn though. It looks like they have you use a tent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Zorvinos in Sandown, NH is beautiful.
  • New London Historical Society -- Beautiful barn and grounds, and that's it! You have to bring in all your own amenities. But, if you're a DOY bride (as I am myself) then it's your perfect outlet. The prices are outstanding! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards