New Hampshire
Options

Best places to register?

Who has the best return policy?  Where is the best place to register?

Re: Best places to register?

• Options
    ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. So far, we've had great luck with them both. Both seem to update quickly and accurately once gifts are purchased, and they have had a great selection of items and the ability to purchase online, which is great for guests who can't attend showers or the wedding. We haven't had to return anything yet, but it seems like both are accomdating with returns. We've loved working with both. HTH!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macys, BB&B, and Crate and Barrel. We heard great recommendations on TK for all three. We had a salesperson at BB&B walk around with us as we registered. I didn't really like that; I thought she was fairly pushy.

The only return policy issues I've heard of on TK have been with Target, but the last complaint I read was over a year ago so things may have changed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a really nice experience at Bed Bath and Beyond.  They have a GREAT return policy and will open early for you to have coffee and register in the empty store.

I've heard some not so good things about Target and Kohl's (things not coming off registry - duplicates tough to return ect)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BB&B is amazing to work with. I was able to return towels that changed color when I washed them and I know they took back a few boxes of broken dishes from RTB.

Target and Kohl's get the most bad responses around here.
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had a terrible time with BB&B ......but I think our circumstances would not be the norm for most people considering the issues were over their Canada/US policies, their head office actually hung up the phone on my Mom and were extremely unprofessional. The Manager at the Portsmouth store has been excellent to deal with, but everyone else was very very difficult especially the stores here in Canada.

They do have a good return policy though considering I had to return all of my shower gifts in NH and re-purchase them in Edmonton.
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    redvi01etredvi01et member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone used Amazon.com? We use Amazon for a lot of shopping and it's great to be able to see lots of reviews of items before buying them. I'd be interested to hear how they are with registries.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED Macy's.. they have a huge selection of everything, with a variety of different prices, so you can get some stuff on the expensive side and some on the less expensive side. I also registered at Target for appliances and stuff, but people stuck more to my Macy's list, and I didn't have to return anything so I don't know about their policy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sed BB&B and Simon Pearce (less traditional). I registered early because I was supposed to have my first bridal shower in a week, but it got pushed back by two months...so far I have not done anything with the registries because of the showers are so far away, BUT if you want some really fancy dinnerware check out simon pearce--everyone who registers gets a FREE meal at their restaurant in Quechee, VT AND a night at a local B and B for free.  Even if no one buys from your registry (as it is quite pricey) you still get those things (and free Lake Champlain chocolates).  Worth looking into if you want some nice dinnerware :)  good luck!
  • Options
    Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm registered at Target. I registered there for my baby shower and I never had one problem returning things. They were actually really awesome about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't recommend either store we registered at: Kohl's and Sears.
    Sears employees have NO CLUE how to set up a registry and although I love Kohl's in general, their big sales often lead to too much turnover in inventory.  More than half of our registry items were completely sold out before anyone even started shopping for the wedding.  Yell
    If I could go  back and do it again, I'd totally register at BB&B, no doubt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooo I love Simon Pearce, shauni!! I bought my sister and BIL champagne glasses from Simon Pearce for their wedding! They were gorgeous.
  • Options
    Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also registered at BB&B.  I didn't have a pushy sales person at all.  They were very helpful.  Don't know about the return policy yet... but i have heard it is really easy.
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards