Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Groom's attire question

Is the bride supposed to go looking at tuxedos with the groom? I know I can if I want, but I didn't want him to see my dress, is it the same thing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Groom's attire question

• Options
    I would say it is uncommon for the groom to be all hush-hush about his attire.  You might want to go with him for colour-coordination with the BMs, or you could just give him a colour swatch if you trust his judgement.

I would ask your groom if he cares or not.  To me and my FI it isn't a big deal, I will go with him to make sure what they pick goes with the BMs' outfits.
  • Options
    I've never heard of not seeing the grooms attire before the wedding (really how different could it be?) I would just ask your FI what he wants to do and go from there.
  • Options
    i went with my FI and his mom to pick out his and the GM tuxes. he wanted my opinion, and to make sure we got the correct shades of pink and green for the vests. ive never heard of it being a 'secret' thing
  • Options
    It's really up to him.  Personally, we decided on the color scheme together (and I was the one who kept it straight) and went to a couple of different tux shops together, but ultimately he went on his own to order the tuxes and get fitted while I was at work.  And yeah, I think he did kind of want it to be a surprise.  I mean, I knew what sort of style he was going with, but I think he didn't want me to see him in it until the wedding.

You're not quite right in your OP: you can go if HE wants you to.  If he doesn't, you stay home.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    FI hates clothes shopping so he wanted me to come with him, plus the consultant asked him a lot of questions that he didn't know the answer to because he kind of doesn't really care about the wedding planning so it was good I was there.

Honestly, there isn't a whole lot of variation in tux styles so it would be silly if it was kept a secret until the wedding day. And shopping for a tux for us was kind of comical. We sat there while the consultant went over their spiel and then they just pointed at styles on the wall and FI picked one from there.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    I will def be going along with FI to pick out the guys attire.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    J tried to pull the whole "if I don't get to see your dress then you don't get to see my tux."  I said OK.

Flash forward to last night "So I was thinking about this for tux <proceeds to tell me what he wants/show me pics online>.  Will you come with me to MW?"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We decided on them together and picked them out together at the MW. Initally he wanted a white tux and I wasn't going to give into that one. Between his Mom and I, we talked him out of it.
  • Options
    I don't know what OP means, but I'm sure you know I didn't mean if I WANTED TO GO. I simply meant ignoring the tradition, if there was one in the first place. Which is why I posted the question here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards