Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Having a hard time putting this all together.. I need some more help!!

Ok thanks on your dress opinions ladys! Now I need opinions on my MOH/color scheme.
I only have 1 Moh and 1 BM 1 flower girl 1 ring bearer.
I can not decided on colors (i worked in a flower shop that did weddings every weekend for years and years so of course i cant decided what i want at all)

So for my MOH i was thinking gray??? She likes this dress, and i told her she could pick the dress and ill pick the color.

The coral one is also really nice! But that would change up everything

Then I was thinking of pink/lime green flowers. different shades of pink but not like pink, and hints of lime

For the boys. FI wants to wear gray pants, a long sleeved white shirt and either a vest or suspenders. But wear would they put bouts if they dont have jackets? Im fine with them not having them but then how would we make the boys look different?

Im feeling incrediably over welhmed today and I feel like i need to make these decisions like now!~!!

Re: Having a hard time putting this all together.. I need some more help!!

• Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm only going to address the boutinneres, since that's one of my pet peeves.  Bouts are worn on the lapel of a jacket.  If there's no jacket, then there's no logical place for the boutinnere.  I think they look adrift at sea if they're just randomly pinned to a shirt or vest.  It's perfectly fine not to have them.  Everyone will know that the groom is the man standing next to the woman in the big white dress.
  • Options
    id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_having-a-hard-time-putting-this-all-together-i-need-some-more-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:bd2e0d45-30c7-4668-8bca-aa3cd0632cadPost:e1fad22d-a110-4328-a371-9bf1d6a00b05">Re: Having a hard time putting this all together.. I need some more help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm only going to address the boutinneres, since that's one of my pet peeves.  Bouts are worn on the lapel of a jacket.  If there's no jacket, then there's no logical place for the boutinnere.  I think they look adrift at sea if they're just randomly pinned to a shirt or vest.  It's perfectly fine not to have them.  Everyone will know that the groom is the man standing next to the woman in the big white dress.
    Posted by Peavy[/QUOTE]
    yeah i agree
  • Options
    That's actually my bridesmaid's dress... I'm just wondering if your wedding is really next month, though, because that dress has been taking 1-3 months to get in! They would have to be able to find a floor sample of it in the right size and color for a wedding that soon. Also, my friend actually tried it on in the coral color, which is kind of a crazy color in person, super bright! If you want to go with pink and lime green then I would stay away from the coral! Their "rose petal" color looks pretty on the screen, but it's hard to say without seeing the colors in person. Gray is probably safe, and would look nice with those colors of flowers! As far as making the boys look different, there are other ways to differentiate them without depending on the bout. The groom's men could go with suspenders and the groom with a vest, or vice versa. If they're not going with coats, I think the vests would dress it up a bit more, (assuming you want it dressed up), so you can always put the groom's men in one color vest and the groom in another color.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    id012id012 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_having-a-hard-time-putting-this-all-together-i-need-some-more-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:bd2e0d45-30c7-4668-8bca-aa3cd0632cadPost:4c84fa84-9347-4ebe-ac51-54738f0df5ad">Re: Having a hard time putting this all together.. I need some more help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's actually my bridesmaid's dress... I'm just wondering if your wedding is really next month, though, because that dress has been taking 1-3 months to get in! They would have to be able to find a floor sample of it in the right size and color for a wedding that soon. Also, my friend actually tried it on in the coral color, which is kind of a crazy color in person, super bright! If you want to go with pink and lime green then I would stay away from the coral! Their "rose petal" color looks pretty on the screen, but it's hard to say without seeing the colors in person. Gray is probably safe, and would look nice with those colors of flowers! As far as making the boys look different, there are other ways to differentiate them without depending on the bout. The groom's men could go with suspenders and the groom with a vest, or vice versa. If they're not going with coats, I think the vests would dress it up a bit more, (assuming you want it dressed up), so you can always put the groom's men in one color vest and the groom in another color.
    Posted by finleyac[/QUOTE]

<div>Our wedding is in august! But we were at davids bridal last night and they said I can have it buy the end of june! Thats crazy it took 3 months!! All the times iv ordered bridesmaids dresses from them they quote me like 2 months and i got it in a few weeks! But if worse comes to worse, shes a size 6 and they have the dress in coral at the store. Thats the exact color she tried it on in!</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Yeah, when I click on you it says your wedding is June 11, 2012! I'm trying to think about when everybody got their's... My friends in Kentucky & Washington only had it take like 3 weeks. Up here in Alaska we're on 1.5 months already, and they estimated 3 months. I forgot that we're special :-) I love the dress, though! And I think pink and lime green will be awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JennLaxJennLax member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I may be in the minority, but I have always felt that the orange tones in coral clash with bright pink.  I think you should stick with a light grey dress because it's neutral, pretty, and would make all of your bright accent colours pop.  

If you decide to go wtih the coral dress, then I'd do bright green and light pink flowers.
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    id012id012 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_having-a-hard-time-putting-this-all-together-i-need-some-more-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:bd2e0d45-30c7-4668-8bca-aa3cd0632cadPost:ac287afe-dd99-419b-9936-e11299c61ec9">Re: Having a hard time putting this all together.. I need some more help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, when I click on you it says your wedding is June 11, 2012! I'm trying to think about when everybody got their's... My friends in Kentucky & Washington only had it take like 3 weeks. Up here in Alaska we're on 1.5 months already, and they estimated 3 months. I forgot that we're special :-) I love the dress, though! And I think pink and lime green will be awesome!
    Posted by finleyac[/QUOTE]
    I love that dress too!! I think its great for a beach/summer wedding. My MOH loves it too. I told her she gets to pick the dress and i get to pick the color. Hopefully she will be able to wear it again someday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards