New Hampshire
Options

Black linens vs. white linens

My colors are purple and black. I'm torn about what colors to put on my tables. I think black chair covers and napkins with purple chair sashes and tables clothes will be too dark. But I'm afraid if I do white napkins and chair covers it will clash with my color scheme. Suggestions?

TIA!
Kelly

Re: Black linens vs. white linens

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think white would be better than black. black might be too dark to use for chair covers.
  • Options
    Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do white as well.  I don't think it will "Clash" at all.  I would do purple or balck sashes & Napkins and incorporate through your centerpieces and other table items (Number/Menus/ etc)
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think white would be a nice contrast to the purple and black.  Keep it light without adding an additional color.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing black table cloths with a damask table square and black chiavari chairs....it is a lot of black but that is the look I wanted. I would recommend going to a showroom like Exter-Rent-All and seeing the combinations put together. We considered a white table cloth with a black overlay as our venue had floor length white table cloths we could use. It really helps being able to see the combinations together!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input ladies! After doing a little digging, I found a few pictures of white and purple receptions and decided that I like the color combo. I liked the suggestion of incorporating our colors in our centerpieces, so thanks! We have an appointment with the linen company next week. Looking forward to checking another item off of my list!

Thanks again!
    Kelly
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with the other ladies.  I think that much black would be a little overwhemlng and white won't clash at all.  Glad you found some inspiration you liked.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards