Attire & Accessories Forum

Black Flower Girl Dress?

Hey,

I really love the idea of having my flower girl in a black dress, but my mom really wants her in a white one. Does it really matter? My mom is worried people will get offended if she is in black, but I think it will be fine. 

These are pictures of the dress that I love.

What are your opinions?

Thanks!

Re: Black Flower Girl Dress?

• edited December 2012
    The dress itself is cute. But is black one of your wedding colours? Who's paying for the wedding? If it's mom, she gets a say. What does the flower girl's mother think?

Depending on your family's background, people might not genuinely be morally outraged and offended, but they will likely comment on it amongst themselves. 
  • I like it. I think it would really only make sense if your bridesmaids are in black dresses.
  • my bridesmaids wore black and my jr bridesmaid wore a white dress with black trim and a little black sweater.  She looked adorable.
  • I don't see anything wrong with the dress you posted, assuming as others have said, your bridesmaids are wearing black.

However, perhaps as a compromise you could find a dress like I did, something in the middle, and more "youthful". Our wedding had a vintage feel to it, was in the summer, and I found this black & white toile print dress online ..........

Unfortunately my husband's granddaughter was unable to attend from out of state because her mom was due to give birth at any minute, LOL.

But, to reiterate, I think the dress you posted is adorable, and if you are paying for the wedding, and want to fight for your "vision", there's nothing wrong with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards