July 2012 Weddings
Options

save the dates to vendors??

our save the dates are coming in this week, and we made sure to order enough that we would have a number of extras.

i read somewhere that it is considered polite to send a save the date to your vendors. however, some vendors (such as our baker) won't actually be attending the reception (obviously)....did you ladies send save the dates to your vendors? if so, which ones?

if we end up doing it, i would assume we would only need to send them to our videographers, our photographers, and our DJ (the three vendors who actually will actually be attending the events), and also our minister who is performing our ceremony. 

Re: save the dates to vendors??

• Options
    I've never heard of sending  STDs to vendors before.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    I've never heard of this either...We didn't send one to our vendors...
  • Options
    I will only send invites, and only to those attending. Every vendor will get a thank you note.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    maybe i am just crazy then hahaha! it might have been on the insane etiqutte board that i read this (and we all know how weird it is over there). thanks for the clarification ladies :)
  • Options
    I have never heard of this before.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I saw this question being asked a few times in the past too, but I don't think it's necessary to send vendors one. After all they've already got your wedding date written down!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I only sent one to my JP since he is a family friend and is actually attending the reception.  In his I wrote a personalized note that said something like "Thanks for much for performing our ceremony for us.  We can't wait!" 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hmmm I'd never heard of this either. However, I was thinking of sending one to my wedding planner...or at least an invitation, but I'm guessing that's not necessary either? Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

I'm not going to send them to every vender though (STD or invite)...just my photographer, cake maker, and possibly officiate as they are all friends/family.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I haven't heard of this either. In fact I think I've seen it asked on E and their response was something to the effect of, "Unless you plan on your vendor being a guest at the wedding, no."
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_save-dates-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:07c57346-04dc-4219-afa3-dc3a2c95e05dPost:31f84364-7423-434d-9a40-84639bd8c8af">Re: save the dates to vendors??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw this question being asked a few times in the past too, but I don't think it's necessary to send vendors one. After all they've already got your wedding date written down!
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]
     This is what I was thinking.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I've never heard of it.  We did give one to our photographer because he took the picture for the STD and he was really eager to see how they turned out.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I asked this question on the E board and I was told that a STD is an invitation so if you send a vendor a STD you must invite his or her S/O.

I sent the STD to my photographer, Pastor and MC. I will also invite their wives.

Your vendors have signed a contract and they know the date.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards