New Hampshire
Options

Need advice from NH locals!

Hi Ladies!

FI and I are planning a mini-honeymoon after our wedding October 28th, for a long weekend in NH. What we’re looking for:

-a great hotel/ Inn (Jacuzzi tubs are a plus!)

-a fun downtown area where we can check out lots of breweries

-adventurous area where we can check out some local attractions: cheese shops, hiking,  kayaking, spas, etc.

We usually just go to NH to ski, so we don’t know where more luxurious areas are and what towns are best in October for a long weekend getaway.

Advice please :)

Re: Need advice from NH locals!

• Options
    kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Only place that comes to mind that might meet some of your wants is Portsmouth.

http://www.portsmouthnh.com/

Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

http://adventuresuites.com
    This place is in North Conway and is awesome even if its only for one night! 

Not NH but is close to it.  Village by the sea in Wells, ME.  It's a condo resort.  Its close to shopping in Kittery, down town shops, you can do the light house tour etc.  The Maine Diner is also right downt he road as well as Yummies candy shop. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Portsmouth popped into my head first.

The lakes region can also be nice as well.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yummies, Mmmmmm!!
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LizakellyLizakelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mountains, brew pubs, luxury - I love NH, but I think you want Stowe, VT!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I love the Old Field house in Intervale. The couple that own it are so sweet! They have these great Townsuites with jacuzzis in them.  It is like its own little house!  They are also a short drive from all of the shops, restaurants, and outlets in North Conway and also close to all kinds of hiking and things.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree Stowe, VT is pretty awesome!  FI and I went there for our anniversary last year. 

We went in April so it wasn't very busy.  We stayed at the Green Mountain Inn, which is old but awesome!  jacuzzis in some rooms, one indoor and a heated pool as well as sauna and workout room.  Tons of restaurants.  We did a chocolate factory tour, cabbot cheese tour, glass blowing, went to the apple orchard and Ben & Jerry's.  So much to do for a weekend. 
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Portsmouth near the Seacoast, (with a side-trip to the Kittery, ME outlets just across the river), or North Conway, NH, (White Mountains), maybe the Red Jacket Inn?
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Christmas Farm Inn  in Jackson, NH for our Mini moon.  It was awesome.  We stayed in the main inn in Vixen.  There was a jacuzzi in our room. They have many different types of accomodations and breakfast was included. The person at the desk was very helpful and able to give us a whole agenda for what we were looking for. 
    http://christmasfarminn.com/

Portsmouth is also a great area.  The Sheraton is located downtown and Im sure has a lot of the things you are looking for in a room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The North Conway area is awesome. There's a few B&Bs that might have what you're looking for, but as PP suggested, Adventure Suites is pretty cool, too. The Tuckerman's brewery is nearby, and the downtown area is full of neat little shops and restaurants to visit. 
  • Options
    sunshine9779sunshine9779 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote Adventure Suites and Moat Mt. Brewery
  • Options
    bklg1111bklg1111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ABSOLUTELY ADVENTURE SUITES!!!!!

I just stayed there for the first time about a week ago! It was awesome! We stayed in the log cabin room! Don't skimp if you stay there though.. The extra little bit of money is worth it. We checked into the "sugar shack" and I was very very unimpressed so I changed our room! It was totally worth it! The heart shaped bath tub was a little silly but it was cute =) There are a bunch of adorable little shops and places to eat.. I absolutely recommend the Muddy Moose! and Elvio's pizza!! Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Moat Mountain Brewery in North Conway is awesome and there is an endless list of possible activities.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards