New Hampshire

Photographer on a budget!

We are getting married in the White Mountains next June and are looking for a photographer either in NH or one that that will travel up that way. We have a budget of $1500 but are having difficulty finding anyone in that range. I read great reccomendations about Jon Locante but unfortunately he is already booked for our date. We are hoping for a photojournalistic photographer...any recommendations?
Thanks!

Re: Photographer on a budget!

• Jen Perkes was our second choice photographer - she's a former coworker of my H as well, and an absolutely wonderful woman!  She does some gorgeous work, and last I knew was extremely reasonably priced and well able to work within your budget.  You can find her work and contact information here: http://www.jenperkes.com

Good luck!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • I went with Shawn Tompkinson (shawntphoto.com) and would recommend her. Her photojournalistic work is incredible but she IS about $500 over your price range (perhaps she's negotiable?). She's located in North Hampton NH but I believe she said she's willing to travel.

Another suggestion is to look into photographers who are a bit newer to the field as they likely charge less $.  One of my college girlfriends is a photographer and has an blossoming business.  She is located in Saco ME but I bet she'd travel to your area:   maine-wedding-photography.net
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just remembered, our second shooter was Lauren Termini - http://www.laurentermini.com/

She often second shoots for Catharine Morris (our photographer) and has a very similar style - I can't tell the difference between her photos and Caty's photos, except for when I knew who was where!  Once I receive my pictures, I'd be happy to share with you some of the ones I know Lauren took :)

I honestly don't know how much Lauren charges for solo photography, but she is relatively new to the scene and is sure to be less expensive than many of the other favorites touted around here :)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Nye Photography- She is a friend of mine and is doing my pictures for my wedding.  She does awesome work!  And she is well below your budget!  She is out of Raymond, NH but is willing to travel.  She just did a wedding I was in a couple of weeks ago in North Conway. She is so worth it, her prices are so low because she does photography as a hobby and has a full time job. 
  • we booked through the pros.com.  our photographer we got for 8 hours, album included, 60 extra prints, etc etc and was about $1100.

that was for the cheapest package.  they go up from there with different options.  you get your choice of photographer and can read their bios and stuff before you choose.
  • f you are looking for a photographer, and are on a budget - let Sparkling Impressionz photograph your big day! Offering a deal for all day full coverage for $599, 2 phoographers, no limit on pics, high res DVD with full copyrights, and a free 6x6 ceramic tile with your favorite wedding picture! If u dont need full day we can customize to your needs I have a online portfolio you can check out at www.SparklingImpressionz.com - also on facebook www.facebook.com/SparklingImpressionz - dont forget to "Like" us if you like our work :)

Other Services We Offer:

Photo Gifts, Banners, Signs, personalized favor and centerpeices, Wedding Party Gifts, Personalized aisle runners,Champagne glass lettering, wine labels, personalized gift tags, all made to match your themes and colors.

Check out the website and fill out the contact form if you are interested or want more info on any of our services

We are located in Manchester, NH

• Contact Genevieve Bergeron Photography. Travel to NH or RI is included in her wedding packages and so is her engagement sessions. She was awesome to work with and I loved how she gave me tips to stay within budget. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards