July 2012 Weddings
Options

MOH....grrr! (vent)

So yesterday, I was talking to one of my BM and my MOH. They both happen to be my SIL's. I was asking them what kind of services they want for the wedding (hair & makeup services) because i expressed to my MOH that i wanted everyone to be together and get ready together so I can enjoy the time I have with my girls on my day and they can sip on mimosas while getting their services done. Everyone was on board including my MOH, until yesterday. I find out that she is going to go to her own hairdressers to get ready and i was like oh well I would have liked to have everyone be together like I always said. (mind you I was going to give my girls a g/c to get their hair done, so it wouldn't be such a hassle for them since I am asking them to to go my hairdresser) She said oh well, I am going to be spend 17 billion hours with you on that day anyways why can't i just go to my own. I said whatever and I just walked away.
My mom said I shouldn't be so upset about it, but I mean I have been saying all along for almost 2 years that I wanted everyone to be together. IMO i think my MOH should be with me for the whole day!

Do I have a right to be upset, or am I just over-reacting???
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: MOH....grrr! (vent)

• Options
    You have a right to be upset, but she also has the right to get her hair done by somebody that she trusts.  She's going to be in the pictures, too, and probably wants her hair done by somebody that knows exactly how she would like it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    What Ally said.

I'm the exact same way with my BP... I want them spending the morning getting ready with me (and keeping me calm and distracted haha).  They were ALL on board with this until a few weeks ago, my cousin (BM) told me she'd rather do her own hair/makeup herself at home.  I was upset, but at the same time, I have to respect her decision.  Hair and makeup is ridiculously expensive here, so I get it. Still makes you sad, though..... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I understand what you are saying but she has a pixie cut, not sure what the hairdresser is going to do, but I was just more aggravated at what she said about the 17 billion hour comment.
  • Options
    Well i can understand why she wants to go to her own hairdresser.. HOWEVER, I think she should still be going to yours and have everyone's hair done by the same people, and together at the same time, that way if there's a problem it can fixed right then.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    I agree with Ally too.  Just blow off the 17 billion hour comment.  I offered to pay for 1/2 the make up of everyone in my bridal party and I still had 1 who said no but she would get her hair done so she will still be there.  I am sorry she is being a grump.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice Ladies!
  • Options
    Maybe you could offer a compromise? I don't know what time your ceremony is, but could she go to her hair dresser first thing in the morning and then meet you guys at the other salon (but obviously, not get anything done)? I think since she just has a pixi cut, it shouldn't be that awkward for your hairdresser to see a girl walk in with ya'll that doesn't need her hair done... and she could just be there helping out and having fun chit-chatting?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My ceremony doesn't start until 2:30pm so thank you BMore that could be an option I will try and talk to her about it.
  • Options
    owengirl996owengirl996 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I understand both sides. Maybe she can get her's done, then come over and sit and talk with you guys?

I'm hoping my girls will all want to get hair/makeup done together, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't (especially since I'm not paying for it). My salon accomodates bridal parties and provides snacks and such, so it would be fun. I know for sure my mom and sister (MOH) will at least be there with me, since that's the salon we've gone to for years (so much, I only get my hair cut when I'm visiting Indiana!) I'll also invite our flowergirls and FI's mom and anyone else that would like to be there, assuming there is room.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    i understand both sides too - she should be able to have her hair done by whoever she wants, but i understand wanting her to be there with you while you are getting ready! as i think another poster suggested, could she get her hair done super early in the morning, then come and be with you, sip mimosas, and watch you/help you get ready? i think this would solve your concerns.
  • Options
    I totally get why you're disappointed, but I think she has a right to go somewhere else. I do think that was an insensitive comment of hers about the 17 billion hours, but I would just blow it off. I would maybe just tell her that you are looking forward to seeing her whenever she is able to finish getting her hair done, and that you hope you all have fun together that morning. That's all you can really do... if you make too much of a big deal about it, it might make her want to avoid you that day. Just something to consider.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So I talked to her about it and everything is cool now she is going to my house after. I am okay with that at least it is somewhat of a compromise i guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards