Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

second dress

Soim going tochange into a more lighter dress after the first dance,originaly i was going to stick to white but i found some really cute bright dresses that will look cute with my wedding shoes and hair, but my sister says i won't look like im the bride..firstly im pretty sure everyone there already knows who the bride is lol, and most of thepictures wiill be taken already, 

i really like this dress
 http://www.monsoon.co.uk/NEW-Dresses/Monaco-Dress/invt/65238754

and ive seen a few white dresses i like, imjust looking for opinions

thanks

Re: second dress

• Options

Thats a very pretty dress! But to me, I wouldn't want to wear anything at my wedding that I could also wear out to a party. Its up to you though, its a great dress and would look fabulous if you decide to wear it. If you are going to get a similar dress but in white to compromise since your sister thinks you have to wear white, that would seem silly. Might as well go with the one you like better.

• Options
    yeh i know what u mean, if i find a really cute short white one ill probs wear the red one for the rehearsal dinner,even thought i had another in mind lol...to many pretty dresses and not enough places to wear them lol
  • Options
    That dress would be fantastic for your RD. I really like it
  • Options
    Agreed perfect for the RD or get it for your honeymoon, it would be so chic for a night out!
  • Options
    wear the red one for rehearsal dinner! if you want a 2nd dress you can, but make sure it's bride-ish.
  • Options
    That Monsoon dress is so cute! That store has always been my starting point when looking for a formal dress, but I've never been able to afford it so I just steal ideas and head to eBay!
    Anyway, I read somewhere that planning your wedding is like colouring aged 4 1/2; going outside the lines is what makes it so much fun.
    If you want a cute red dress to wear at your reception then BUY a cute red dress to wear at your reception and blow a big raspberry at your sister and anyone else who tries to remove your personality from your planning!
    Married! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    thanks for the advice girls and llamallamaduck...i like your way of thinking
  • Options
    Your wedding is your day. When it comes down to it it really dosn't matter if it looks "Bride-ish" as long as it makes you feel like a bride, and makes you feel beautiful and happy. If you love it, go for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards