Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

inexpensive but gorgeous...

I am a broke college kid... no financial help from anyone, i need a dress in like the 500.00 range... I mean beautiful, not cheap or cheesy looking either. 
I found www.milanoo.com and dresstimes.com - wondering if anyone knows whether or not these sites are legit, if the quality is good etc. 
Thanks I appreciate it. 

Re: inexpensive but gorgeous...

• Options
    Look in your area for a wedding cress consignment shop. I tried on dozens of dresses at one near me and few of them cost more than $500. Some were brand new designer closeouts, some were discontinued styles, some were previously-owned for sle by other brides.

David's Bridal also has lots of dresses under $500.
  • Options
    I found my dress at a sample sale for 249$ plus tax, and I searched around for a cheap seamstress and can alter it for 170$ (if I need to replace the zipper, otherwise 140$). Also look at http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com and craigslist.
  • Options
    I found my dress by a designer called Moonlight.  The quality of these dress is really really good and they were all like $500-600. 
  • Options
    J Crew has some dresses under $500, very simple but lovely. One of my friends wore their 'Taryn' gown and fancied it up with a lovely blush colored flower sash and she looked like she spent so much money on it. Of course, their dresses aren't luxurious looking, but they are still gorgeous depending on what you are looking for :)
    Anniversary
    wedding bio
  • Options
    Check out bridesmaids dresses. There are a ton that can be ordered in white or ivory and are gorgeous. I love this one:
    http://watters.com/product.php?coll=watters&showid=889

I think if you added a brooch to the v-neck it would look amazing.

Another option is Etsy-there are a ton of designers that you make you a custom gown, and would be willing to work with your budget.
  • Options
    I purchased my dress from jaysbridal.net.  It was a little over $500 but they have plenty of dresses (many designers) for $500 or less.  You don't have to pay for shipping or tax and they usually have some deal going on where you can get a free veil and sometimes free shoes too.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have to second davids bridal is a good place to go, I got mine there, some of there stuff looks cheap looking, too much glister does that and some have exposed stitching where it probobly shouldnt be exposed in a perfect world, ( i loved two online till I saw it in person and saw that that the pretty pleating on the bodice was stiched down on the outside!) but I ended up finding one I loved and that is georgeous and looks like it should be much more expensive.
  • Options
    find a dress shop that carries edens bridal..I did not see very many of there dresses over 500 & u can look online they have very pretty dresses
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been paying my own way through college and have to pay for the wedding too. I actually went to a sample sale at a local bridal shop and ended up getting a beautiful dress and veil for under $500! You should try finding out when sample sales go on in your area.
  • Options
    I am going to second the bridesmaid dress idea I got mine for 217 with tax. 
    Just watch not all the designers offer dresses in white. Also the dress shops around here offer discontonued dresses for like under 200
    wedding countdown
  • Options
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260575570191&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

CHeck out this dress, I can sell it for $1050 and ship it to you, its amazing and never been worn.

Email me at lovethisdress@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Hi there,
    I have a stunning Jim Hjlem inspired (style # 8663) Alencon lace dress for sale thats within your price range. Ivory lace over champagne charmeuse trumpet bridal gown, sleeveless V neckline, natural waist accented with light creme sash, sweep train. The train is beautiful, but not heavy. You can dance, move and mingle without any problems. The condition of the dress is new. I am asking $450 for it. 

My email address is ... istenhu@hotmail.com

Thanks! 
    Viktoriya  
  • Options
    I found my dress at Alfred Angelo. I lucked out and they have a company store near where I live and was able to buy it there and avoid mark-ups from boutiques. My dress was only $299 (I caught a good sale) but even without the sale its only  $499. They have alot of extremely expensive dresses there (way over $2000) but there any some around teh 300-500 range and they run specials often. A few weeks ago they had a $350 off coupon. You should go online and sign up to recieve their newsletter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards