Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help with BM accessories

I am really interested in some jewelry from etsy for my bm's by I have trouble accessorizing when the jewelry and outfit are in front of me, much less on the internet!!  Please help me and tell me what you think would look best...

My bm's are wearing strapless short black dresses.  These are the three that I really like but I don't know which is best.  Also consider whether you would wear it or not because the length and I know some people don't like long earrings.

1. This is the shorter option:
Black Diamond Swarovski Crystal Bridesmaid Bridal Dangle Earrings

2. The longer:
Bridesmaid Dangle Earrings - Swarovski Crystal Black Diamond Twist Wedding Earrings

3. Middle of the road in length:
Silver Night NEW 2011 Swarovski Crystal Sterling Silver 925 Leverback Earrings

Also, would you put a necklace with them?  They both have matching necklaces but I don't know how I feel about that.  Thanks so much for your help!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help with BM accessories

• Options
    The earrings in your post are pretty, but totally not my style.  If you bought any of them for me to wear, I wouldn't end up wearing them again.  I really only wear post earrings because dangly earrings bother my ears and get caught in my hair.  Like PPs said, I wouldn't give yourself an added headache.  Let your girls choose their accesories, and you will have one less thing to worry about.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    Like PP said, you may want to check with them about metals for the posts or hooks.  My earrings have to be nickel-free and for sensitive ears, or gold posts work well for me (silver tends to turn black in my ears).  I was asked to wear earrings for a wedding one time and didn't mind at all (my family has this "its your wedding" belief and earrings are not THAT much of a request)... but I had to wipe my ears and the earrings with rubbing alcohol before I put them on and after I took them off.  

Good luck with your decision, whether you get matching earrings or tell them to choose from their own jewelry.  If your BM's have told you they're okay with you picking, I love #3, and second to that #2. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    I agree with pp, spend your money elsewhere.  If you would like to give your BM something then shop like it's their birthday and give them something they would really like (They don't, and shouldn't, all be the same give.  Shop for the individual not the title).  

I have no idea what jewelry my BM wore because you can't even see it in pictures.  They all wore something they already owned and liked. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also have no idea what jewelry my BMs wore.  I know one girl asked me to choose between two pairs of diamond earrings that she brought along (and I couldn't have afforded anything remotely as nice as those), but that's really all I remember.  I'd check the photos to try to figure it out, except their jewelry doesn't really show up there either.

Seriously, just let them choose their own.  They probably already have perfectly nice options, and the Stepford clone bridesmaid look is rapidly dying out for very good reason.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    All of the options are actually very nice, not cheap and I wanted to give them as a gift.  My bridesmaids are far from stepford or cookie cutter as they are choosing their own shoes, hair, make-up, etc...  The dress and earrings would be the only thing that is the same.  I would never make them do anything they are uncomfortable with and wearing the same pair of earrings is not asking much.  I am not worried about pictures or having them similar, just that the earrings look nice with the dress, which is why I posted.  Thanks for taking time to write your responses but they were unfortunately not very helpful...but, Kellya01, thank you for your opinion!  I really appreciate it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bm-accessories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:dd06aa44-31ef-4e1f-81ee-15183d8c377bPost:4c375349-130a-4411-b36f-19d24379fcbb">Re: Help with BM accessories</a>:
    [QUOTE]All of the options are actually very nice, not cheap and I wanted to give them as a gift.  My bridesmaids are far from stepford or cookie cutter as they are choosing their own shoes, hair, make-up, etc...  The dress and earrings would be the only thing that is the same.  I would never make them do anything they are uncomfortable with and wearing the same pair of earrings is not asking much.  I am not worried about pictures or having them similar, just that the earrings look nice with the dress, which is why I posted.  <strong>Thanks for taking time to write your responses but they were unfortunately not very helpful</strong>...but, Kellya01, thank you for your opinion!  I really appreciate it!!
    Posted by Heidiman[/QUOTE]

I found them to be very helpful.  Most of the replies said to just let them choose their own earrings.  How is that not helpful?  That means that you wouldn't have to poll strangers about what earrings your friends might (or might not like). You wouldn't have to purchase the earrings.  You wouldn't have to wrap the earrings as a gift.  You wouldn't even have to think about it anymore and could cross it off your "to do" list.  How is that not helpful advice?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bm-accessories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:dd06aa44-31ef-4e1f-81ee-15183d8c377bPost:10e14fa0-0880-4f57-aced-dfc3e570c696">Re: Help with BM accessories</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help with BM accessories : I found them to be very helpful.  Most of the replies said to just let them choose their own earrings.  How is that not helpful?  That means that you wouldn't have to poll strangers about what earrings your friends might (or might not like). You wouldn't have to purchase the earrings.  You wouldn't have to wrap the earrings as a gift.  You wouldn't even have to think about it anymore and could cross it off your "to do" list.  <strong>How is that not helpful advice?</strong>
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>It's not helpful because it's not what she wanted to hear.  It's HER DAY!!!!!</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards