New Hampshire
Options

Local jeweler Suggestions in Southern NH

Hi all,
FI bought my engagement ring at Kay Jewelers just about six months ago. Since I've had it the diamond has come loose from the prongs twice. The second time being yesterday. I have already brought it to Kay's once to be fixed and it takes them two weeks to send it out fix it and send it back, when if they actually had a jeweler on staff it would not take nearly that long. I dont even really want to bring it back to them because well I dont think it should be coming loose so easily (I have no bumped my ring against anything or got it stuck on anything). So, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on local jewelers that you would trust to fix your own ring.
Thank you!!

Re: Local jeweler Suggestions in Southern NH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Princess Jewelers in Derry, NH.  It's a family run store and all of them are awesome to work with.  Sean is my favorite to work with though he helped us with my E-Ring. 

I think the plaza they are located in is called Hood Commons.  They are amazing!  The only one I'll go to except for our family jeweler in Cambridge, MA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Barmakian Jewelers in Nashua.  They have a jeweler on site.  I had my ring soldered together after the wedding and it only took them an hour.  And the people are very nice and very helpful.

Good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Naser diamonds which I believe is in Manchester/Bedford has an onsite jeweler. My mom used them when her ring became detached from the setting, after a new setting was put on my a chain store about a year and a half ago. She was very pleased with their work.

My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure that it counts as southern NH, but Capitol Craftsman and Romance Jewelers in Concord is a wonderful, local jeweler.  My mom had a mother's ring created with her grandmother's diamond and my and my sister's birthstones, and my fi designed and had them make my engagement ring there.  They do beautiful, quality work.  Fi had a ring that he inherited from his grampa re-sized, and they did an amazing job.  I would highly recommend them, and absolutely plan to buy our wedding bands there.  If it's not too far north for you, they're wonderful!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've not had issues with my ring, but we do buy most everything at Barmakian in Nashua and would use them if need be.  I've used Marquis Jewelers in Nashua for a repair on my cocktail ring... I was able to use a discount coupon they had in the local shopper flyer.  They have a jeweler on-site once or twice a week, or they can send out if you don't have time constraints.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It might be a little out of the way but Long's Jewelers in Burlington MA is great.  I got my ring sized within a couple of minutes of waiting. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another plug for Barmakian in Nashua. They have been wonderful. I have an antique engagement ring, and I go in about once every 6 months just to have it looked over. They have never told me I need to get the prongs fixed or anything (something I think other jewelers would do to make $$). Plus, going there is like going to a woman's candy store. It's amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We love Naser Jewelers!!! We got our rings in Dover NH but I am sure they are just as good at their other locations seeings that its such a small operation!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Barmakian Jewelers in Nashua!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards