Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Was your dress what you always imagined yourself in, or did you fall in love with something unexpect

When did you know your dress was "The One?"

Was your dress pretty true to what you'd always imagined yourself in, or were you surprised to find that you actually loved a style you previously hadn't considered or thought you liked?

Finally, describe the dress you ended up with! Or, for those who are comfortable doing so, post pictures! I am too nervous about putting up pictures of the dress before the wedding so I'll just describe mine.

My dress was the opposite of what I had always thought I wanted. I'd always imagined myself in a very traditional, "princessy" ball gown with lots of lace and a full skirt, but when I saw my dress there was just a spark. I first saw it online, and I could not stop thinking about it. I made an appointment to try it on the next week. Somehow, I just knew it was the one, despite the fact that it was nothing like the "dream dress" I'd imagined since childhod. When I arrived for my appointment and saw it hanging there, I was literally speechless. It was so beautiful. It was love at first sight!

It is a Badgley Mischka gown and the color is "pearl," which is a rich ivory that has a very discrete pink or somewhat iridescent undertone.

It has very clean lines and a sweetheart neckline overlayed with a distinct bodice which is completely decorated with seed pearls and swarovksi crystals. It is a sheath. The skirt falls into soft pleats which reveal hand placed seed pearls and swarovski crystals matching the bodice. There is a chapel length train the back. It has no lace whatsoever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards