New Hampshire

Where did you buy....

your wedding bands?

FI and I were at the Mall yesterday and decided to stop in at the jewelry stores to see what we liked/didn't like and such...and we both have simple tastes

I liked yellow gold ring with a channel setting with round diamonds
FI liked a two tone ring with gold on the outside and white gold/plat in the middle

Any advice on buying/bargaining would be appreciated too!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Where did you buy....

• edited December 2011
    We got ours at Hannoush in the Pheasant Lane Mall.
    The customer service is great and when we got our bands, we got a necklace for me and one to give to my stepson - so they gave us a great price for buying everything together.
    I was debating on a yellow gold band with channel set diamonds in it - so I know they have a good selection there.

Good luck!
    ~ Kelly
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

We bought our bands at the jewelry show in Marlborough MA.  It is called the International Gem show.  They have them at an expo center there.  We were able to get FI a titanium band for $80 and my 3/4 carat diamond channel setting in 14 carat gold for under $1200 sized and everything!  I had them check it over at one of our local chain jewelry shops and it is all legit.  They told us we go a very good buy.  The jewelers all give you their contact info.  FI aunt had dealt with a lot of them and never had an issue.   Here is the website.  It will give info as to when the next show is.  www.intergem.com
    Sorry I don't know how to make it a clicky, but hope this helps.

• mabsy69mabsy69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So your bands don't match?  I hope I understood that right because I've been looking for some back-up for us to buy non-matching rings.  FH wears a yellow gold cross on a chain and would like his band to match.  I hate yellow gold and my engagement ring is white gold.  Hmmm ... anyone else have non-matching rings?

Alise
  • edited December 2011
    Our rings don't match.  I don't think DH would enjoy a diamond eternity band on his finger.  ;-)  I let him pick what he want... I figured if he had something he liked, he'd be less apt to take it off!

Arez, we bought ours at Barmakians on sale nights.  If you're interested in platinum for FI, make sure you watch the market prices and buy at a low point... it can add up quickly!  Also, you can do some asking on pricescope.com if you're not adverse to buying online.  They can find some great designs and deals!
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got my rings at Day's Jewelers in Manchester. (By TJ Max and Off Broadway Shoes)  They have a huge selection compared to many places I saw at the mall.  I would have got FI's band there too but I found it on sale when Whitehall went out of business. 
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Kel- We did stop in at Hannoush (we were at pheasant lane) and they did have a decent selection but I actually felt the sales people were not that helpful....maybe their not the ones that helped you

Thanks YB! I will check out that site

Dls -I haven't heard of that place, I will have to check it out!

And same thing as YB's DH...my FI doesn't want diamonds or anything flashy...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI got my engagement ring at Barmakian's and the sales people there are great!

We got my band at Hannoush and we had Carey as a sales associate and he was really helpful.

We are actually having FI's band made from a seller on Etsy in sterling silver because the band he loved was way too expensive in white gold.  I kind of feel bad about not being able to afford his band in a nicer metal because he spoiled me with mine, but it just isn't in the budget right now.  Cry

And Alise - our bands don't match.  They both happen to be white metals, but beyond that, they're very different.  I agree with YayB that the guys should be able to pick something they really like!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our bands do not match either, mine is a half eternity channel set band (PIB) and his is a brushed steel band.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    We intended to shop for DH's band when Whitehall was going out of business, but didn't like the picked over selection when we went.  That same day we ended up finding both our rings at GMPollack & Sons - where all of my other jewelry had been from at the time.  We bought them both during a 1/2 off sale - which happens quite often.  (Apparently, DH waited for a 1/2 off sale to buy my e-ring)
    DH got a Tungsten Carbide ring and mine is white gold with 5 diamonds. 
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours at Barmakian in Nashua, and I thought the prices were okay. FI's ring is in white gold and mine is in platinum (his would have cost almost twice what mine did if we bought it in platinum, and mine has diamonds...his doesn't)
  • edited December 2011
    Arez - Carey (a guy) and Maureen were the people who helped us at Hannoush... so if you are interested in going back, I'd ask for one of them. Theres a couple of older men - tall with grey hair - who I see in there often who have been helpful in the past.

Alise - My husband and I have very different bands. I wanted them to match originally also - but now I don't see any issue with them being different. Only thing I was really worried about was pictures on the wedding day - but my photographer did a great job with making them look good together :)

~ Kelly
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have matching bands either. We both just picked out what we wanted and went with that. We never would have found rings that we both wanted that matched.

We got our rings at Whitehall when they were closing, but we do most of our jewlery shopping at Jared's. We've had good experiences all around with them.

We've also had good experiences with Day's but find they can be a little over-priced.
  • mrussell1983mrussell1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance bought my E-ring at Jareds. We also picked out our bands together there. We spent a considerable amount more on our bands than my brother and his fiance did (we wanted the ones that matched my E-ring, ours also both have diamonds whereas theirs do not). We are very happy with our purchase and they have great warranties. My brother and his fiance went to Capitol Craftsmen and Romance Jewelers in Concord and had a great experience. The jewelers there were also able to help my FSIL with her E-ring which had many issues (she found one at a consignment shop when she was having her watch repaired and my brother later picked it up - it is very unique so they had some troubles getting the issues taken care of at many places). All in all, we were both satisfied with the places we purchased from. They were able to purchase their bands at a buy one get one sale, which I would have LOVED to do!
  • ddumireddumire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are buying ours from Jared's in Concord.  They have been the most helpful in our opinion.  We are spending a fair amount on the bands I think (though I haven't gotten the estimate yet).  They are custom and in platinum though.

They've been very good about helping us find exactly what we wanted and helped us find stones that were in our price range.  FI was thinking about green diamonds, but those go for 2 million a carat (not happening).  So they showed us some Tsavorites because they are harder than emeralds.

I think that they'd be pretty helpful working with a budget.  If you go ask for Wendy and tell her that Pete and Destiny sent you.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Looks like FI and I have to check out some places this weekend!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We also got our bands at Jared's.  They are so nice AND if you get the warranty or insurance (can't remember which!) they will fix or replace FOR FREE any damage.  For example, I have a diamond from there and when I went to get it looked at, they said it had chipped (I had NO idea, couldn't even see it under the microscope).  No questions asked, they just replaced the diamond for me within an hour.  Def worth looking into!  Good luck, the best part of getting your rings in NH is no sales tax!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards