Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

XP - Need opinions on bidesmaid dress color combo

Also posted on my local board:

I took two of my BM's shopping this weekend for dresses: both ladies found dresses that they loved and in their budgets (I'm choosing the color/fabric and they're choosing their dress).  The dresses are from different designers but the color samples were so close that I wasn't too worried about them being EXACTLY the same color. 

Here's my dilemna:  I just found out that the dress my MOH picked might not actually be offered in that color (I'm still in the process of trying to verify this with the salon).  What would you think if I put my MOH in a different color dress and had the other three BM's in the original color I chose?  Here are the dresses and the colors I was thinking - so MOH would be in the first dress/color, the other 3 would be in the darker purple (not necessarily all the same dress, unless the other two pick that one too).    Feel free to be brutally honest, I can take it! 

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP - Need opinions on bidesmaid dress color combo

• Options

Thanks ladies.  The dresses they both tried on were actually in those colors, but they weren't ever really standing next to each other when trying them on - in person the second dress looked a little darker than the picture.  The problem is that the store is two hours away from where we live (the downfall of living in the sticks).  I'll have to take another girl shopping next week so I'll be able to see the colors next to each other.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I don't see a problem with it.  Lots of MOHs are in different dresses than the rest of the BP.  But I agree with other people.  You want it to be obvious that she is in a diffrent color,  not people thinking she mistakenly ordered the wrong purple color.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love that colour combo! It's actually my colour combo for my BMs and my MOH is in navy. I have four BMs, two will be wearing dark purple and two light purple. I wanted my girls to look coordinated but not matching (all of the dress styles will be different too). I haven't seen what the whole picture looks like yet but in the store I put all the fabric and colours together and it looked beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards