New Hampshire

Babysitter near Salem, NH

So I have a cousin in Florida who I am hoping will come to my wedding in Hampstead in September. She is 8 months pregnant with a two year old, so by the time of the wedding her baby will be no more than 2 months old. We aren't inviting kids to the wedding since it would increase the guest list by at least 60 (my fiance has a very large family with lots of kids). Once the invitations go out I was going to call my cousin to explain the situation. However I was hoping that if I found a trustable babysitter in Salem (where the hotel is) that she would still come. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for babysitters in that area? And I also know people can get upset regarding kids and weddings, so I was also wondering if this sounded unreasonable and offensive? Thanks

Re: Babysitter near Salem, NH

• Is she the only person travelling from out of town with kids? I believe I've read on some other boards that the OOT guests are usually an exeption to "no kids" rule, since they might be reluctant to have someone they've never met watch their child/children. So I would definitely check with your cousin before looking for a sitter, just in case she is not comfortable with that idea. If she is OK with that, could you ask your FI's family for a recommendation since they have a lot of kids? I think I'd trust a recommendation from a family member/friend over one from a stranger via Internet, especially for kids as young as your cousins'. I'd also suggest meeting the sitter in person to interview them prior to making any arrangements, just to make sure you feel comfortable with them. Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards