July 2012 Weddings
Options

Overdue Wedding Recap PIP heavy

Hi everyone! Stopping by for my recap :) It's been really busy around here but now that my friend, mom and dad have left, H and I have a little time to breathe lol.

The wedding was.... a great mix of things lol. Overall it was an amazing day and it was soooo much fun, I loved it! There were just a few big hiccups along the way. We were about 30 mins late leaving the salon, but that was no big. H was running late himself and well people have a bad time management problem here and hardly ever make the ceremony on time, sad I know. The big issue was that I got terribly lost on the way to the venue. No one had offered to take me so I drove myself and apparently I missed a really important exit... I still have no idea how. Ugh that was horrible and I don't even like remembering it. I was crying most of the time and MOH, my sister and my mom were sweethearts trying to comfort me and cheer me up. In the end we got there an hour late and it sort of worked out well because no one had been there on time for the original ceremony hour. We rushed to get our dresses on (me, MOH, siter and mom) luckily mine wasn't a corset back or anything complicated. I'm still sad I never got any of my getting ready or me alone pics, but oh well. The ceremony was beautiful and I didn't cry. :) Haha I seriously think it was the stress. H and I hated the pastor's speech and thought it was going to be a big deal for all the Catholics present, but funnily enough everyone loved it and was absolutely blown away hahaha. What a relief really lol. We hadn't prepared our vows and actually H told the pastor to cut that part out of the format before the ceremony started. Well the pastor decided to ignore that request (among other things lol) and initiated it anyway. I'm glad he did though because it turned out really beautiful! Poor H stumbled along his lol it was really cute. We got some fun pics with all of our guests right outside the church.. I think it was our favorite picture of all.

The reception was when I relaxed completely.... whatever could happen from here on out I didn't care. I think it was my favorite part because H and I could actually relax and have fun with our guests. The only thing I would have liked to have been different was for us to spend more time together at the reception. I kept hearing this so many times during planning and said I wouldn't let this happen but H was incredibly hard to find! Everybody was pulling him in so many directions we hardly saw each other, boooo. But anyway we had tonssssss of fun with our family and friends!! Such a good time!! Our GM lost our CD with all the must play songs on them but it was ok, our DJ actually played most of them without ever having known it was on our list haha. Our only major issue was with the venue "coordinator" lady who was complete crap, changed up half our lunch menu and lots of other details without telling us, actually ditched us after lunch (and I mean left the premises and everything) and we had to run everything else ourselves. That actually requires an entire post on its own. I'm trying my best to get over it because like I said, in the end we had an amazing time, but she really did screw us over.

Sorry I don't have any stories about the calmness rushes over you like the other ladies haha, BUT I can say sh!t can happen and in the end you'll still have an incredibly awesome time!! Cuz I know I did! Good luck to you ladies this weekend, it will be amazing I know it!! :D xoxoxox

I'll get pro pics this coming Tuesday, so for now it's just friends' pics and the few pro preview ones we have

Oh and did I mention my hem apparently came out and it was wayy too long hence why I was stepping on my dress the ENTIRE WAY DOWN the aisle. We also don't talk about how upsetting that was lol. The whole bustle came out too the last hour of the reception but I hardly cared at that point. I just twirled around in my big ol dress the remaining of the reception.. it was actually a lot of fun haha!

FSIL's surprise at the reception...! H's other love of his life!! :)

People writing messages on H's shirt at the end of the night.. really fun! :)

Re: Overdue Wedding Recap PIP heavy

• Options
    Beautiful! I'm sorry there was so much stress :( But glad to hear everything worked out and you had a fabulous day!!! Congratulations!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Wow. Your dress + wedding looks ABSOLUTELY stunning.

That really sucks about getting lost. My Ricardo got lost too - and was almost late - due to trying to figure out how to tie his bow tie. The only difference is - all of our guests were there and ready to go!

Your bouquet is stunning... and look at that veil!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    stunning Nati!!!! Everything turned out beautifully!!!! Loved your reception area!! <3  loved stalking you!
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Yeah it was crazy but it turned into a good crazy :) Thanks girls! We're all married now aren't we?? :D
  • Options
    Nati, everything (you especially) looks beautiful!  Your centerpieces look better than the inspiration!
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_overdue-wedding-recap-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:094181ae-ba01-4737-b3ca-13f2c41ea194Post:29d6b1ad-e2d5-4f69-8551-ee045bf2b792">Re: Overdue Wedding Recap PIP heavy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah it was crazy but it turned into a good crazy :) Thanks girls! We're all married now aren't we?? :D
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

Yep - married old ladies now..:P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards