New Hampshire
Options

Cost for DJ

Hi,
I am beginning a search for a DJ. It will be a Saturday afternoon wedding in June 2011. I have been reading some good reviews of various DJ's posted here so I have a great starting point.
I want to be prepared for the Sticker shock to come or at least the average cost for a DJ.
Thanks for any infor or advice you can offer to me.

Re: Cost for DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    mine is 450 but that is VERY low...the average cost is around 800-1100 for a 5-6 hour reception I think...at least from other quotes that I got :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ is  $1,080.  We got a 10% discount for booking him early, and he just offered us a deal of knocking off $100 if we pay the remaining balance before the holidays, so in the end, it will have cost us a little under $1,000. Oh btw, we are going with Billy from Main Event DJ's. Hope that helps! Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Dave Lynch for 5 1/2 hours I'm paying $950. His normal rate is $800 for 4 hours, he worked with my budget to keep it below $1000. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm on the higher end but the DJ was #1 on my list.  So $2,800 for 6hrs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just talked to Aaron Topfer and he quoted me $1000.  I think that's a pretty good price considering he doesn't charge any overtime fees at all.  He said he will stay as late as we want him to and not charge any extra.  Also, he doesn't charge any travel fees, which is a big deal to me because I'm getting married waaaaaay up north! 

I did get some qoutes from A Main Event DJs and the cheapest price I saw there was $550, plus $100 per hour overtime.  But, they wanted to charge me $400 for travel.  So Aaron Topfer will work out to be the same price if not cheaper.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using David Lynch also  and we have him booked for 4 hours for $899 that is his standard rate (at least when we booked him) for a sat night wedding, we didn't ask for a discount or extra time, although now wish we did! haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Kibar from Main Event and he is costing us $850 for 5 hours.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    2bmrsbrown2bmrsbrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Richie from Nuimage Entertainment.  His price is $2,500, but negotiated down to $1.800 for 6 hours.  He is doing our ceremony and cocktail hour music as well.  We have been to a wedding that he's done and he was phenomenal.  The dance floor was PACKED all night long.
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Drew Rissler from Get Down Tonight Entertainment.  $800 for five hours, which includes travel.  He was one of the least expensive of those at his agency.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Nick Kafejekis from Get Down tonight and his fee was 895 for 5 hours.  He was great
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're using Joey Dion from Main Event DJ's and it's about 1900.00 because we're using him for both the ceremony and the reception.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards