Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

to dye or not to dye?

My wedding dress is ivory with a lot of pearls and sparkle.  I bought shoes that can be dyed and I wanted to dye them rose petal pink which is the color my bridal party is wearing.  My maid of honor thinks it might not be the best idea, however the seamstress that I saw said you really shouldn't do a white shoe with an ivory dress.  I think it would be a nice pop of color... but I mean you really won't see my shoes too much on my wedding day anyways.  So do a lot of brides go ahead and dye their shoes? 

Re: to dye or not to dye?

• Options
    I love colored shoes with a wedding gown.  Mine were teal.    I love the pop of color.  

Do you think you'll ever wear pink shoes again?  I can't visualize the color you're talking about -- but it sounds like you might be able to rock those shoes with a LBD someday, so I say go for it:-)  You'll probably never wear white shoes again.

P.S.  You can dye white shoes ivory if you want....but pink sounds more fun.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_to-dye-or-not-to-dye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:ecb69fee-8fc7-4ad3-b0ef-3f47d2cbf852Post:0862e121-70d1-4576-9f0e-1edec5639a6f">to dye or not to dye?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding dress is ivory with a lot of pearls and sparkle.  I bought shoes that can be dyed and I wanted to dye them rose petal pink which is the color my bridal party is wearing.  My maid of honor thinks it might not be the best idea, however the seamstress that I saw said you really shouldn't do a white shoe with an ivory dress.  I think it would be a nice pop of color... but I mean you really won't see my shoes too much on my wedding day anyways.  So do a lot of brides go ahead and dye their shoes? 
    Posted by shaina925[/QUOTE]

<div>I think shoes with a pop of color is a great idea and will look fantastic but find a pair that are already made in the color you want instead of purchasing the dyeable shoes. The difference is the dyeable shoes can run on your feet and bottom of your gown.</div>
  • Options
    DYE THEM!  I think it gives your attire a personalized touch. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have purple shoes, so I say dye them!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Some brides dye their shoes.  Some buy colored shoes.  I had floral-painted snake skin pumps, custom made, for my wedding.  Why?  Because shoes were much more important than the dress in the scheme of things.

Figure out what YOU want to wear and make it happen.  Whether or not you'll have any use for them again is irrelevant.  You won't wear that dress again either.  In my case, I bought a suit, appropriate for work, to complement my wedding shoes and have worn that suit to work in the spring and early summer.
    You certainly don't need anyone to choose your shoes for you.  Do you??  Wink
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the replies.  I am going for it!  I think it will look really nice and it will make me feel good to wear the pink shoes.  :)
  • Options
    i bought black shoes with my ivory dress  so go for pop of color  or buy rose pink shoes if u can find them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards