Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

My ring is shaped funny, so I have a question...

I realize that I am an adult and I can do whatever I want, BUT. My ring is an abnormal shape: http://amberandjosh.weebly.com/the-ring-and-the-story.html ... Jared told us we could have a wedding band custom made if we wanted, but at the time it wasn't important to me to have one at all.

Now, I kinda want one but I was thinking of getting a diamond band with the same vintage feel that I would wear by itself on my left hand if I was not wanting to wear my taller ring to do random stuff. I was even thinking, for daily wear, of wearing my e ring on my left and wedding band on my right (or vice versa.. maybe my wedding ring should go on the left and e ring on right).... does anyone ever do this?

I was thinking something like this: http://www.elizabetajewelry.com/Details.asp?ProdID=438&category=15 or http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/05PP1/

Again, I realize I am an adult living in a free country, but I would love some friendly feedback on this. :)
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: My ring is shaped funny, so I have a question...

• Options
    I love the second one! my ring is oddly shaped also and it was a challenge to find a band but the odder the band the better it went with my ring. we finally found something that went great :) good luck!
  • Options
    I really like the first one and I think they'll look fine together on one finger.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also like the first one better. Looking at your e-ring, I think they will go fine together. Or you could always look into getting a more curved shaped band so it sits right with your e-ring.
  • Options
    I wear my e-ring on my right hand and a totally different ring on my left.  My e-ring has diamonds down the sides and a wide band so I prefer the look of it by itself.  

My e-ring

My wedding ring

• Options
    I love both of the wedding bands! Either one would go. The band on my e-ring is similar to yours with the twist, so it is odd how bands don't lie flat against it. I am planning on getting one similar to the first one you posted. I kind of like how they have a unique shape together!
  • Options
    I'm just wondering how normal it is to wear my e ring and wedding ring on two different hands. Thanks, ladies!
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If you do, I would wear your wedding ring on your left hand.  I think this would be okay, especially if wearing the two rings together were too bulky because of the shape of your e-ring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i think it's becoming more and more common for married women to wear their e-ring on their right and wedding band on the left.  No big deal!
  • Options
    Yeah, I will possibly end up wearing my wedding band on my left hand and my e-ring on my right.  My wedding band may end up being a Posey ring and will not really match my e-ring.  All of my mom's sisters wear their e-rings on their right hand.
  • Options
    I never knew my ring was a copy of anything... funny how they don't tell you that when you buy it! I will take a look at the website. Thanks!

I am feeling better about wearing it on a different hand, thanks gals!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    I think the first one would match just fine with your e-ring.
  • Options
    I wear mine on 2 different hands and to be honest, I really don't care if it's "normal" or not!  I like them that way so that's all that matters:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards