Attire & Accessories Forum

Sarah Seven Opinions? Please advise!

So, I have fallen in love with a designer on Etsy. I can't tell if my friends really like her dresses, or if they hate them! Her dresses aren't the traditional princessy gowns, but they are very flowy and romantic.

Good or bad opinions are appreciated!

By the way, I would have her make the dress in ivory, and instead of the flower belt, I would add a silver beaded vintage-inspired belt.

Thoughts?

These pictures are horribly small. Here is her etsy site for a closer look!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59602422/practically-perfect-wedding-gown

Re: Sarah Seven Opinions? Please advise!

• I like the top and think the beaded belt would be adorable BUT, yes there's a but, I don't think the bottom is flattering.  There's something that just looks unfinished about it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They're very pretty dresses but because of where the waist falls (on both), I think they could potentially be unflattering on a lot of people. So I wouldn't purchase without trying on, which I don't suppose you can do on Etsy. Maybe you could purchase a cheaper muslin from her first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • I think the dress is gorgeous, however buying online might not work out well.  I was considering purchasing dresses off etsy, but my bridesmaids talked me out of it.  Unlike purchasing in-store, or buying from some other online retailers, the dress can't be returned if it doesn't fit well.
    Anniversary
  • I love the dresses, but I`ve never bought one off of Etsy.  I have bought hair stuff, with really good results.

• Sarah Seven is fairly well-known.

Lovely Bride in New York carries some of her designs, and she has a showroom of her own in Portland, OR.  She also has reviews on WeddingWire.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards