Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Essence of Australia

Just wondering if anyone has got this brand of wedding dress? If so which style? Can't find any reviews on them. Wanted to know what people thought of it. I ordered and they say it takes 6 months to come in. Thanks!

Re: Essence of Australia

• Options
    The #1 dress in my search right now is an Essense of Australia.  It's style D1042.  Unfortunately since I've not yet ordered it, I can't really give you any reviews, sorry!
  • Options
    I ordered an Essense of Australia dress in mid-December.  I rush ordered it, and was told it would be here in 3-4 months.  It cost only $100 or so extra.  I do think that they may have said that it would otherwise take 4-6 months to come in.  The dress, according to the store where I purchased it, is cut in the United States, which makes it seem rather funny that it would take a long time to come in.  Unless of course, they're busy as summer wedding season is ahead.  But how nice it is to buy a dress made in the U.S. - I felt less guilty knowing that it would be coming from a place where labor laws protect workers.

The dress that I ordered is beautiful (I think).  I tried on many dresses in many stores, and almost didn't try this one on.  I'm glad that I did because the fabric is great (though synthetic), the cut is beautiful, and it was affordable.  I realize that the Maggie Sottero and Casablanca dresses are more popular, but I thought that the Essense dress offered better qualities for the money.  Of course, most people might not agree!
  • Options
    anyone know the price range for the d1042 dress?
    They dont have this dress in my area and will have to travel to look into it..just trying to get an idea?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just ordered the essense of australia d1063, it is a trunk show "tester" dress.  They only have it at the trunk shows to see if peole like it, to see if they want to put it in the next line.  I tried on so many essense dresses that day and I think I would have been happy with any of them for my wedding day.  the material is great and they are absolutley beautiful.  Plus I didn't know before I went but any essense dress can be ordered with a lace up back  or zipper with buttons.  I really recommend trunk shows, I got 10% off plus for me I picked the tester dress that I would have never seen unless it comes out on the next line.  Since my dress is a tester it is going to take 6 to 9 months to make which is fine for me I have a while.
  • Options
    I ordered D1006! FYI, it took almost 5 months to arrive. (I ordered it November 1, and it JUST came in -- I haven't even gone to see it yet!)

I hadn't heard of Essence before I went to the trunk show at a bridal shop, but the quality of the material was very good.
  • Options
    Yay dc*prep, you're the first person I've seen that's ordered the same dress as me!

I actually just ordered it yesterday and my dress lady was still saying 3 months, so I guess we'll see.  I hope it doesn't take 5!
  • Options
    I got ivory with ivory lace.  The sample was pearl, which I liked, but it wouldn't look right with my orange bridesmaid dresses.

I would love to see pics!  :o)  Hope the fitting goes well!
  • Options
    I Just ordered that Dress!!! I am getting Married in December!!! I LOVE IT!!! It was 1300!!! SO PERFECT AND WORTH IT!! :)
  • Options
    I ordered D1006 as well.  I would love to see some more pictures of the dress if you have any to post!
  • Options
    I am looking to buy a pre-owned Essence of Australia D1006 or D904 size 12 or 14 if anyone is interested in selling.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I might consider selling mine after our wedding. What color are you looking for? Mine is pearl with ivory lace (pictures in my Bio).
  • Options
    Oh, and I should mention that I'm a size 6 dress size (size 8 at the biggest), but I had to get a size 14 wedding dress to fit my boobs :-\

• Options
    I just tried on the Essence D1006 dress too, I LOVE IT!! IT was the most perfect dress I've tried on a lot of dresses, and this one was AMAZING! I am so excited.
  • Options
    Oh, and I'm getting it in Magnolia with Ivory lace, it's what the sample was and it was SO beautiful! I'm in Boston and It's $1099! The quality is so amazing.
  • Options
    Wow there a lot of people who got D1006.  That is the dress I am looking at as well!  It really is, just a beautiful dress and can flatter any bride.  The material is beautiful, the details are exquisite.  Love Essence of Australia!
  • Options
    I'm getting the D1042 dress and it's $1400 at my bridal shop in Maryland.  I don't really know a range. 
  • Options
    P.S. Has anyone found the E of A Couture collection anywhere?  I've been dying to try on their 208 style, but the bridal shop near me that's hosting a trunk show this weekend couldn't even find it to request it for some reason. 
  • Options
    I have style 208 by Essense.  It is in their size 12 in ivory.  It was a sample in my store and only tried on twice, so it is in excellent condition.  Retails for $1700 as it is silk satin, but only asking $450 for it.  You can email me at wilsonm13@gmail.com if you are interested.
  • Options
    I'm ordering the D940. I love it! It's very different but elegant at the same time. I just called and they told me it could take six months to come in because of the Chinese new year?? Does anyone else find that strange? Oh well...I started looking early so I guess I've got time if it does end up taking that long.

Anyone else wearing this dress? I'm excited!
  • Options
    For D1006, what were your color combinations??  Just wondering to get a sense! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_essence-of-australia-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f38c3733-641b-4486-8185-193050558d74Post:9db9ccb1-e87b-451b-8eaf-0fbb21644861">Re: Essence of Australia</a>:
    [QUOTE]For D1006, what were your color combinations??  Just wondering to get a sense! 
    Posted by dreamich[/QUOTE]

The color of my dress was pearl, and I believe the lace trim was ivory. See the pics in my married bio (link below).
  • Options
    I ordered the D1006 in Marigold with Ivory lace - sounds like I ordered a yellow dress or something, but its the most georgous color. I am fair skinned with blonde hair, so the white white def. didn't work on me, but this color complemented my skintone so well.
  • Options
    dcprep- thanks so much for sharing your pics, its really helpful to see how other people are using jewlery and doing their hair!!
  • Options
    I ordered this dress as well...I am very excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards