Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

too much black?

As of right now our bridesmaids are wearing black dresses and then our groomsmen are wearing black jeans(its a country wedding) and then white shirts. Then my fiance is wearing black jeans, a white shirt, a vest and then a black suit jacket? Does this seem more like a funeral or a wedding?

Re: too much black?

• Options
    Are you using bright, colorful flowers? Will the girls be wearing any jewelry, colored or not?

I haven't seen black jeans (but I'm in NJ so not much country!); plenty of people have black bridesmaids dresses, black tuxes, black vests with white shirts & they pull it off very nicely!!
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What color is your grooms vest? If it's black yes I think it might be to much. You should try to make his vest another color I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Black is actually one of the most popular trends in weddings. It used to be that black was anathema at weddings, but things have changed. Bridesmaids in black are lovely- black is slimming, stylish, and low and behold can often actually be worn again after the wedding ;) You can add some color to your wedding party using flower bouquets, boutonnieres, and jewelry. A gorgeous black crystal necklace or earrings spiced up with a few splashes of color can be just the thing :)

I have a page on my site that specifically speaks to black bridesmaid dresses- maybe that will help to ease your mind :) The address is http://www.perfect-match-bridal-jewelry.com/black_crystal_jewelry.html

Have a beautiful wedding!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards