New Hampshire

Parent's Gifts

Hi all,

Just wondering what kinds of gifts people are getting for their parents. In my situation, my parents (they are divorced) are paying for majority of the wedding and my fiance and I are paying the rest. My fiance's father has passed away, so its just his mom. Ideas?

Re: Parent's Gifts

• edited December 2011
    We did a personalized frame for my parents (one each since they are divorced) and one for his parents and put a pic of us as babies and then one of us with the said parents for the other side.  We got them from exclusivelyweddings.com  and also made a wine baset for his parents and my mom and a beer basket for my dad with specialty beers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We did a gift certificate for DH parents to a fancy restaurant and we did the same for my parents.  We were also going to get my parents something a little extra because they paid for most of the wedding, but they insisted that we didn't.  I did start a Pandora bracelet for my mom and put one charm on it because I wanted to get her something special.

I was kind of feeling like gift certifacates were sort of impersonal, but I wanted to get them things so they could spend time together or have an expereince, not just to have more things in their houses.  Try to think about what sort of things they enjoy and go from there.

HTH!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance has a time share and he's letting them have his week next year.  My parents have been very helpful in our wedding and they deserve it!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards