Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress Times

Hey all. I was wondering if there was anyone who had ordered a dress online from dresstimes.com, their prices are amazing but it seems a little too good to be true. Any thoughts?

Re: Dress Times

• Options
    From what I've seen around here...you're not the first one to ask about the online stores. I've seen that it's risky and some of them are horrible. They look nice online and the prices are amazing, but when you get the dress in, the quality is horrible and the make is way off. 

Personally, i don't know why you would want to risk buying a dress from the internet. There were so many dresses that i thought was going to be perfect on me and they looked horrid on me. 
  • Options
    Never heard of that one.

People have given good reviews of netbride.com, rkbridal.com and pearlsplace.com, among others. You get the dress from the actual designer, just at a wholesale price. Maybe call the designer and ask about their authorized retailers.

And ditto PP ... if you haven't tried it on in person, make every effort to do so. Or at least try on a very similar style. I fell in love with several dresses online that would've been a HUGE disappointment had I ordered them without trying them on first.
  • Options
    Their price is so low that many people can believe.I want to say that it's a good choice  to shop on dresstimes,the dresses are really good although they are replicas,and in goodSmile quality.
  • Options
    i have ordered a dress from them and it was beautiful!  Came in weeks before the expantant date.  Like many I was very nervous ordering from them but I thought I would try it and it worked out GREAT!
  • Options

Just wanted to let you know that I received the dress today. It looks great. I am very happy with it. Very good value, lovely material and beautifully made.

• Options
    I got the dress today from dresstimes.com . It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love it! the guys did a great job and I wanted to recommend to everyone. It fits perfectly and looks exactly like the picture! I am so pleased!More than I expected!!!!
  • Options
    What about Essence AU?  Anyone heard of them?
  • Options
    I have a happy experience with dresstimes.
    To be honest, I hated this dress at first and thought I'd made a major mistake. However, that was due to the shock of the package it came in. Once I got over that, the dress is absolutely beautiful and actually highlights my best features in ways the designer gown didn't. The quality of work is beyond excellent! These ladies obviously know what they're doing and put out a remarkable product that saves brides hundreds of dollars. I would definitely buy from them again!
  • Options
    I ordered the Maggie Sottero Kendra from dresstimes, besides a few minor imperfections that no one will notice but me, it was amazing! I saved $600! I can send a picture if needed, I actually cried a little when I got it, it was such a huge gamble for me, but honestly I couldn't be happier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I am kind of worried about making the decision to order my dress from dresstime but I have heard so many great reviews and the prices are awesome! I would love to see a picture of your dress you recieved.

• Options
    I would love to see a picture as well. I am so leery about ordering a dress from there, and worried that if it comes in and I'm unhappy that I won't be able to return it. 
  • Options
    have you bought a  dress from dresstimes.com? I tried the dresss Pronovias Bridal LASARTE on and loved it , but i couldn't afford it. I found this dress on the web , they are the same , but the price is amazing, Could some guys give some suggestion? I'm preparing for my wedding, thanks.
  • Options
    Is there any way that you can send me a picture of what your dress looked like. I am really considering buying my dress from there but I am not sure how the actual dress would like.
  • Options
    Maggie Sottero Kendra

Hi! I just tried on Kendra in a retailer and it was GORGEOUS. I love it! But I've been doing a lot of research on the knockoff sites -- I noticed you said you ordered the same dress from Dress Times! Could you send pictures? I'm really worried about wasting $300+ if it's utter crap... but if it's worth it, with only small differences (and the SAME fabric), I would LOVE to save the money! My email is meday@ucdavis.edu. Thanks!

• Options
    Do you have a picture of the dress?
  • Options
    Hello all. I have already ordered my dress from dresstimes.com. I'm very nervous about it now. I was completely overly excited to order my wedding dress and I didn't research the website first. Now that I have read reviews about the dresses people are getting, its hard to decide wether or not I think my dress is going to look ok. All I can do know is just hope for the best. My wedding is on Jan. 8th and I'm not even going to be getting my dress until mid to late November
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned this... but should something go wrong, it is way more difficult to get ahold of customer service for online shops.  Sometimes you have to email and just wait for them to get back to you.  
  • Options
    My dresses are beautifully made. They really paid attention to the details and very fast in replying emails too :)) worth the money
  • Options
    Can you send me a picture of the dress you got from dresstimes.com?
    kd_sachi@hotmail.com
  • Options
    My dress was horrible, it was about 6 sizes too big, the skirt was glued on, there were actually a few pins still in th material to hold it together and it was very out of proportion. To say the least I was dissapointed a quite upset. Also the dress came from china and it is hard to get ahold oh customer service. Luckily I was able to get anothr dress that I love even more, I got it at David's Bridal. And I'm just happy that I have my dress now because my wedding is in less than 2 months.
  • Options
    They are a real company. I had bought 6 bridemaid dresses for my wedding. Since they need different sizes ,so I gave dresstimes 6 different sizes of my bridemaids. The dresses are beautiful and fit perfectly. They are all satisfied witeh their dresses.

• Options
    I'm calling spam on this one.  Anyone else notice that all the RAVE reviews of that site are their one and only post???

That being said, I actually did order my BM dress for my sister's wedding from there.  It wasn't bad, it looked like the real dress in pictures, but actually wearing it, you could definitely tell it was a knock off, the boning they put in was kinked and kept poking me in the ribs all day too, it was pretty uncomfortable, but not unbearable.  It's fine for BM dresses, but there is no way in hell that I would trust them to buy my wedding dress from them.  Our BM dresses were pretty simple, so I wasn't too worried, but your wedding dress is the one everyone is going to be looking at...I wouldn't put that in the hands of some knock-off website from China.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-times-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:fb91058a-76d1-4a19-af11-752799ecebdbPost:e279d4b4-ac80-4f55-8873-df5909c7f307">Re: Dress Times</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm calling spam on this one.  Anyone else notice that all the RAVE reviews of that site are their one and only post???</strong>That being said, I actually did order my BM dress for my sister's wedding from there.  It wasn't bad, it looked like the real dress in pictures, but actually wearing it, you could definitely tell it was a knock off, the boning they put in was kinked and kept poking me in the ribs all day too, it was pretty uncomfortable, but not unbearable.  It's fine for BM dresses, but there is no way in hell that I would trust them to buy my wedding dress from them.  Our BM dresses were pretty simple, so I wasn't too worried, but your wedding dress is the one everyone is going to be looking at...I wouldn't put that in the hands of some knock-off website from China.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking the same thing.  I also noticed that so many claim to have loved their dress but nobody is willing to post pictures?
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Hi am onsidering ordering a dress from dress times can anyone send me a picture of dress they ordered preferably showing you brought it from there and wore it in the wedding along with the photo of the original/designer gown it was replicated from, thanks

ericka.sledge@sebc.edu
  • Options
    tinmichelletinmichelle member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    DO NOT order from dresstimes.com!! Complete knock off and rip off! Ordered two bridesmaids dresses and they were horrific! The dresses were suppose to be completely made of chiffon. I got satin underneath and a chiffon layer on top. Satin does not stretch, therefore, neither dress fit. The stitching did not line up, the dress was pink and the stitching was purple. the hem was frayed and above the zipper the hook and eye was missing the hook!
  • Options

I'm not usually the type to review anything however I feel like it's my duty to take the time to spread the word about this company and my experience. We found Lela Rose dresses that had several variations of the same dress (1 strap, 2 straps, strapless) and found it by style number on dresstimes.com.  The site is very thorough about it's 100% return policy and 90% likeness, etc.  Seemed legit and doable from my perspective and the perspective of my 8 web savvy bridesmaids.  We got the dresses within 3 months as promised but we were all disappointed by the quality and fit. Flaws in the fabric, uneven seems, cheap looking details (flowers, ruffles) and bad fit.  The sewn in bra cups were several inches higher than they should have been even with measurements provided.  This is an expensive alteration as the dresses are lined. I recognize the work put into the dresses, regardless of our quality perception so I was willing to pay to ship the dresses back plus the 30% handling fee as outlined in the return policy.  However, after sending several detailed emails with pictures of the flaws and order numbers for each dress, "Shine" repeatedly refused to provide a return address (which is nowhere on the website) and continued to ask the same questions about dresses in broken English.  After 10 emails and zero progress, I still don't have a return address and I've given up.  I've indicated to all my bridesmaids to contact their banks to attempt to reverse the charge due to fraudlant behavior. Long story short, I ordered new dresses from The Loft.  Unfortunate and unbelievable actually.  Stay away!  Don't be lured by the good deal.

• Options
    I bought OC by Oleg Cassini # CRL277 dress for my stepdaughter's wedding. We knew we were taking a chance but both of us agreed we would rather spend the extra $500 on something else - like a honeymoon! We were not disappointed...the dress is gorgeous and fits her very well! We even had to make length adjustments since my stepdaughter is not very tall, and the length came out absolutely perfect!She is going to be a beautiful bride, and I can spend my money on other things for the big day!
    I  attach picture of the wedding dress here  .  Everyone thought it was just beautiful! 

• Options

Got this dress today in not even a month, it's for my maid of honor and it's lovely. Professional workmanship, very recommended! thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards