December 2012 Weddings

What flowers are in season for December wedding?

Specifically in Florida if it makes a difference? I'm starting to set appointments with florists and i'm finding that flowers are crazy expensive!!! I wanted to spend $1k and it looks like it may have to go up to almost $3k. I'm definitely heading towards the DIY route.

Re: What flowers are in season for December wedding?

• Your florist will know best! The best bet is to go in with an open mind and not be too set on any type of flower. I wanted peonies so bad but found that they'd be like $24/stem. Ack! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My florist said that you can get almost anything, just somethings will be more expensive than others. I am getting married in Ohio, so much more limited selections than Florida, and my florist says that in December she uses "white and baby green hydrangea, white callas, red roses, white mini callas, red spray roses, green and white fugi mums, green yoko ono poms, holiday greens such as cedar and holly. " (quoting directly from her email, and now I can't get the font smaller). My best friend's December wedding had bouquets of blue hydrangeas and holly. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are flowers for every season. I am trying to do a December wedding also and this is what I have found out so far....
    The Flowers Blooming in Winter are:

Acashia, Alstromeria, Amaryllis, Carnation, Chrysanthemums, Cyclamen, Evergreens, Gerbera Daisy, Ginger, Helleborus, Holly berry, Lily, Asiatic Lily, Casa Blanca Lily, Narcissus, Orchid, Pansy, Pepperberry, Phlox, Protea, Queen Ann's Lace, Roses, Star of Bethlehem, Statice.                                                                                  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards