December 2012 Weddings

Time question

Hey y'all! We're getting married Dec. 8, 2012 and our church won't let us have the ceremony any later than 1:00pm. We wanted to do the reception from about 2/2:30-6. We are having hordeurves. The wedding is big, about 250-275 people. I am just worried that it is too early in the day.... Any thoughts?!

Re: Time question

• I would do the ceremony at 1 PM & then followed by the reception. It's perfect timing & allows guests to eat lunch before :) 
  • I think you will have less time then you think after the ceremony. I think a 1:00 start will be just fine. The ceremony could  last about 30 -45 min, then once the guests funnel out and go to the reception you will have them munch on Horsd for 45-1hour. You will most likely use that time to take pictures, and get to the venue. By the the time things really get going it will be after 2 anyways, time you wanted for the reception.
  • I think the timing is perfect!

I know you're not asking for opinions on food but if you're reception is lasting until 6 you may want to consider adding more food as you're right at the prime time for dinner.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I have a bride that has the same challenge, but really wants an evening wedding.  She ended up having her ceremony at 2pm, then invited guests to a high afternoon tea (her FH is british) and then they are invited to the later reception.  So, perhaps, plan something to happen inbetween the ceremony and reception that is entertaining and allows for a later reception, if that is what you want.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards