December 2012 Weddings

RSVP date

When are you ladies having your guests RSVP by?  My wedding is December 1st, so I'm not sure as to when to have them accept/decline their attendance.  Also when are all you Dec girls sending out your invites?
Thanks!

Re: RSVP date

• I am doing November 10th, which is 10 days before the date my caterer needs the final head count.  Invitations should go out about 6-8 weeks before the wedding.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I am getting married December 15th, I'll be sending out the invites by August 15th and the RSVP date is November 1st.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married on December 1st as well!  We are doing November 3rd, which is one week before the final head count is due to our reception site.  In reality, I would give yourself 1 week-10 days before your final headcount is due.  It gives you a couple days for the people who mail them in the day they are due, and time to call everyone who hasn't RSVP'ed.  Also- give them 6-8 weeks to respond.
    "You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
  • My wedding date is also 12-1-12

We are sending out invites mid-September
    RSVP deadline is 11-1-12

Good Luck!
  • Our invites are going out in mid-October and our deadline is December 1st for our 12.22. wedding. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Wedding Date- December 1st
    Invites Going Out- Mid-Sept
    RSVP Due Date- November 1st
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_rsvp-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:a49b11fd-a5d5-409e-b4a1-a2bbcc58d8a0Post:4f72a63a-ad06-4859-9d90-50028a5e55c8">Re: RSVP date</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married December 15th, I'll be sending out the invites by August 15th and the RSVP date is November 1st.
    Posted by SeptemberLadie[/QUOTE]

If you are getting married December 15th, I wouldn't send out your invitations until Sept 15th at the ABSOLUTE EARLIEST!  People are going to get your invitation and lose it, misplace it, or forget it.  Also, how are people supposed to know what they are doing 4 months in advance?  I would rethink having your invitations going out August 15th.
  • Hmm, I'm sending mine out pretty early because I have a B-List...I want to know who will be attending the reception, so I know whom else I can invite!
    Miranda "Tea For Teacher" http://teaforteacher.wordpress.com
  • My wedding date is December 28th. I plan on sending the invitations out on October 1st & our RSVP date is November 14th.
  • Thanks everyone! Also glad to hear from some girls that are "date twins" :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_rsvp-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:a49b11fd-a5d5-409e-b4a1-a2bbcc58d8a0Post:102da9e2-3776-4dd9-badd-7e02c6441f4b">Re: RSVP date</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm, I'm sending mine out pretty early because I have a B-List...I want to know who will be attending the reception, so I know whom else I can invite!
    Posted by Miranda2911[/QUOTE]

IMO- A B-list is not a good idea.  It's not nice to the people that are on the B-list, and if they find out... drama.
  • I am having a Destination wedding 12-18-12 so I just send out the first half of my invites( gives people time to ask off of work and save some extra cash :)). My guest have till October 1st to RSVP, but November 1st sounds about right to RSVP for a local December wedding :) I agree with PP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My wedding is  12/29/12

I'm sending mine out Mid October RSVP by 12/1/12

• My wedding is 121512 as well. We are sending invites between August and Sept and RSVP based on the caterers needs as well. My advice would be to see what your needs and your vendors needs are. Think about the needs that requires a head count. Then base your RSVP date on that. Side bar: I don't think you can send invites too early. December is a busy time! Have your wedding be the plans that people make first! If they lose your invite and forget, you dont want them there.
  • Our wedding date is 12/1/12 too! We're thinking of sending them out mid September and have the rsvp by November 1st as well. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    This is totally dependent on your guest list and their proximity. For our December 1 wedding, at least 70% of our guests are from out of state,and about another 20% are coming from at least 2 hours away. My guest list of 200 will likely become more like 75, which means I can't plan any of the reception details until I know how many are actually coming. My RSVPs were due yesterday for this very reason.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_rsvp-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:a49b11fd-a5d5-409e-b4a1-a2bbcc58d8a0Post:68bb289b-cb8b-4338-b883-bdbb07be802c">Re: RSVP date</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSVP date : If you are getting married December 15th, I wouldn't send out your invitations until Sept 15th at the ABSOLUTE EARLIEST!  People are going to get your invitation and lose it, misplace it, or forget it.  Also, how are people supposed to know what they are doing 4 months in advance?  I would rethink having your invitations going out August 15th.
    Posted by MelissaJB22[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards