December 2012 Weddings
Options

Hey Girls!

So I am getting married on December 1st. I plan on sending invites out beginning of October and then shower invites a week later. My RSVP's are due by November 1st. Does this sound right?

Re: Hey Girls!

• Options
    When did/are you sending your save-the-date? Typically you send out invitations at the 3 month mark, which would be September 1st for your case. However you are  getting married in December which is a BIG holiday month (just getting over Thanksgiving and then Christmas), so guests will be busy shopping and making holiday plans. I would recommend sending them out at the latest September 1st, I'm actually doing August becaues you want to give guests a good notice with them having holiday plans. You also need to check with your baker and caterer on when they need to know the guest total because they could need it before Novemeber 1st with the holidays. Shower invites are usually sent out by the people who are throwing you a shower because you don't throw your own. Hopefully I've helped you out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP. 
  • Options
    Okay so send them out September 1st, then shower invites a couple of weeks later & have the shower in October?
  • Options
    Correct for the sending out your wedding invitations no later than September 1st. But who is throwing your shower? Typically that is done by your aunts/his aunts and sometimes your MOH, you never throw your own shower. So whoever is hosting your shower will be sending out the invites typically 1 month before the shower. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    annamhisleannamhisle member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'm helping my MOH & Mother with my shower! Thanks Everyone :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards