December 2012 Weddings

Venting

Background info: my parents divorced in 2008. Everyone says both people are to blame but in this situation my dad is to blame. He lied to our church back home which caused every member of that church to blame  my mom and basically told her she can no longer be a member of the church, including my fiance's parents who are the pastor of that church. After awhile his parent's finally saw the real side of my dad. My fiance and I agreed to having a ceremony of family and close friends. Our mom's ran into each other last week and my mom filled his mother in on some decisions we have been making which led to the food we would be serving. His mother mentioned that women of the church were already planning on coming to the wedding and will probably make salads. I was quite mad at hearing this. We haven't sent out save-the-dates or invitaitons yet and people that we aren't inviting are saying they are comign to our wedding. WHO DOES THAT?! There are only 2 families at that church that will be invited. I don't want strangers, unless they are his family that I haven't met yet, at our wedding, especially people who were cruel to my mom! In my opinion you invite people who are important to the bride and groom not anyone else. Fiance will be talking to him mom to let her know we aren't inviting their church, that if they want to do something they can throw me a shower or host a reception like they did for their other two sons. 
Sorry it was a bit long, it just irritates me. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venting

• I understand your frustration, but that's actually a pretty common thing. If you're a member of the church, especially if your parent is the pastor, sometimes it's assumed that it will be an open wedding, or at least an open ceremony.

I don't really understand if you're planning on having the wedding there or not, but if you are, then this could get sticky.
    Anniversary
  • I am actually not a member of the church and we are not having at their church. We attend a different church where we are living and will actually be having our ceremony at the chapel located on his campus. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh, yeah that's totally weird then.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards