December 2012 Weddings

Colors, Colors, and More Colors...

My fiancee and I got engaged on March 10, 2011 and are planning our wedding for December 1, 2012. All I've been able to think about is finding a color palete for this wedding. The problem isn't that I can't think of any colors I would like to use, the problem is that I have too many and can't seem to find the right one. I know I don't want to be typical for the holidays and use any type of red or green. I've thought of whites, ivories, different hues of blues, eggplants and purples, and basically every color on the spectrum. As of right now we are planing to have our wedding in a 100 year old train station museum. It's a really wonderful place with extremely tall ceilings, large wooden pillars, and some sort of dark teal blue  on the exposed walls. If anyone could help me out some how I would greatly appriciate it!!

Re: Colors, Colors, and More Colors...

• We finally decided on the colors!! Yay! We decided not to go with a winter theme. We live in Central Texas (right smack dab in the middle) and we usually never get snow and if we do it turns to mush instantly. I didn't feel like that would make for a very beautiful wedding lol. Anyway we went with Ivory, Gray, and purple (not Barney purple, but it has some grey in it to made it look a little darker) and decided to go with a vintage theme to sort of go with our historic train station! I am so happy with it all and I am just excited to put all of my ideas together! The girls will be wearing long grey flowy dresses and the only flowers we will be having are bouquets and the guys pins which is great because flowers get expensive. Good luck to everyone on their wedding planning!
  • We are having a 12-08-12 wedding!  My bridesmaids are in black dresses with MOH having a silver sash, and BM's with a malibu blue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards