December 2012 Weddings

New Year's Eve Wedding Date Change?

Hi Everyone!
I'm hoping for some honest advice here. We got engaged last July, tried to plan our wedding for this coming summer but didn't have any luck coordinating our church with a reception site. After a lot of debating about waiting until 2013, we decided to get married on NYE because it seemed like a fun idea. The date has no actual significance to us; we just settled on it because nothing else was working.

But now I found out my dad is sick and we're not sure if that is too long of a ways away since no one can truly ever tell that. 

Also, I'm concerned about having our wedding too close to Christmas because people are usually tired and worn out from the holiday season. 

Also, my birthday is in February so I'm worried that all of these events (Christmas, anniversary, birthday, Valentine's) will always be so close together that nothing will seem special at any other time of year.

Are these worries insane? I can't even ask my dad about this subject because I don't want him to know I'm worried. 

Should we change our wedding date to a Friday in the summer? We originally didn't want a Friday but now it might be more practical.

Please tell me what you think!! Thank you!

Re: New Year's Eve Wedding Date Change?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards