Snarky Brides
Options

I'm a jerkface

2»

Re: I'm a jerkface

• Options
    Oh wow. I kind of love Biagio. It just rolls off the tongue.
  • Options
    Cew you're not a jerkface.  <<hugs>> Sorry this is all going on.
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear about your dad's illness. I think it is good you love your mom enough to feel so protective of her that is not a negative.

Your dad may end up doing a lot better than anyone expects now. Medical care really has changed.The oddest bits of good can come out of the most difficult situations. I would say just stay calm and positive as much as you can. You mom is lucky to have a daughter who loves her so much, you dad is lucky to have her to help him. 

Oh, and NO beating yourself up over anything you might think or feel at any given time in this process, okay? The past, whatever it was does not just disappear because someone gets sick. My favorite thing ever, which I saw in a preschool classroom but I think has a lot of value for adults: "All of my feelings are okay". I know it sounds all mushy, but the longer I live the more I think of that and say "Damn Straight!"

• Options
    I love that phrase. Especially the fact that it was in a preschool classroom. It seems so sweet.

And thanks for the support Lenore and Aprov.
  • Options
    Sorry to butt in on this as I don't really post here, but I wanted to just say that I am sorry to hear that about your dad.  My father has had Parkinson's for about 15 years now and at first it was a scary diagnosis for not only him, but our family too.  He has had struggles with the disease, but I have such an immense respect for how well he has handled every road block without a single complaint.  As other folks mentioned, it can be helped with medication.  In my father's case, physical therapy has helped him immensely with his mobility also.

If you ever need to chat about it, feel free to send a message my way.
  • Options
    Oh Cew, I'm so sorry. What a crappy situation. I don't think you were too harsh though. You know their past, and you are being protective of your mom because you love her. That is a strength, not a fault.
    Now you have all of the information, and you guys can start figuring it out together. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    You're a strong woman. If anyone can deal with this with patience and kindness, it's you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-jerkface?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:06a4cf8a-54af-48f8-8285-eaa13c9715cfPost:4262641a-2cf9-419a-834d-1749dab2e7eb">Re: I'm a jerkface</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to butt in on this as I don't really post here, but I wanted to just say that I am sorry to hear that about your dad.  My father has had Parkinson's for about 15 years now and at first it was a scary diagnosis for not only him, but our family too.  He has had struggles with the disease, but I have such an immense respect for how well he has handled every road block without a single complaint.  As other folks mentioned, it can be helped with medication.  In my father's case, physical therapy has helped him immensely with his mobility also. If you ever need to chat about it, feel free to send a message my way.
    Posted by Maggie214624[/QUOTE]

Maggie, thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it. I will definitely take you up on the offer to talk sometime when I know more about where he is in the progression of the disease. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    I adore you, Jas. That's all. You always say the most awesome things. Thank you.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, Cew. This must be so hard for you. Don't beat yourself up over this, there's no way you could have known.

My great aunt has terrible Parkinson's, to the point where she violently shakes and sweats from the shaking. But she's an artist, she paints ordinate portraits and landscapes and has all her life. She suffers from this disease and then as soon as she sits down in front of a canvas, she can control herself and paint gorgeous works of art. It's actually pretty amazing! I'm not sure if that helps you. But I've always been amazed how beneficial it is for her to just focus on her passions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm WAY late, but I love you Cew. IN NO WAY are you a jerkface. Let me know if there's anything I can do, even if it's just let you sit on my sofa and cry while I feed you shots of liquor.
  • Options
    I'm way late too, but I'm sorry, Cew.  I agree with everyone else.  You're not a jerkface.  You had no way of knowing the circumstances.  Hugs to you, my dear.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Nothing to add, really, so just hugs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-jerkface?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:06a4cf8a-54af-48f8-8285-eaa13c9715cfPost:8e1449ee-f421-4f25-91eb-d201e276d477">Re: I'm a jerkface</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm WAY late, but I love you Cew. IN NO WAY are you a jerkface. Let me know if there's anything I can do, even if it's just let you sit on my sofa and cry while I feed you shots of liquor.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

It's true.
  • Options
    Thanks gus. I love you.
  • Options
    Nothing to add that the others haven't already said Cew.  I'm hoping that today you're feeling better about things.  I hope the situation works out for them and for you.  You're a good daughter :)
  • Options

You are definitely not an ass.. I'm really sorry about your Dad.. I didn't read your previous post, but I am so sorry you're having to deal with this.. :( Best of luck to you and your family!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards