Snarky Brides

*Nebb*

How psyched are you for tonight's SNL with Paul McCartney? AND Paul Rudd, who I also adore, but not quite as much as a Beatle of course.

The poll is for everyone. :)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: *Nebb*

• Hahahaa I love you. I am SO excited!
  • I am pumped.  I'm not current on Paul McCartney's career though, does he have new solo stuff out?  Because I really just wanna hear some Beatles.

One of my saddest grievances in life is that I will never have the opportunity to see George Harrison. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2010
    Yay! :) I thought you would be.

Mand, I'm with you on wanting to hear Beatles songs, though I do like some of his older solo career stuff (not Wings). But I know he came out with some new material last year with a new band called The Firemen. I saw him at Fenway and they played a song or two from them. It wasn't bad, and seemed like more of a return to the good old rock n' roll style.

And that is very sad about George. I feel the same way about John, because he died the year I was born, so I never had a chance to see (and remember) him. I'm glad that George got to live a longer life though.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nebb-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:09ef12ba-c7a9-4947-b6d3-0035cfdf82fbPost:7b740e85-8a2e-47f5-90ef-08f2dba07797">Re: *Nebb*</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QREeweMWTZk" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QREeweMWTZk</a> "Don't see many of these nowadays, do ya?" Hahaha. 
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

<3 That's a great line too! Thanks for the link, I just watched the whole thing again. I like his Groucho eyebrow action in the beginning with the girl.

It appears from the poll results that people may not be as excited about The Beatles as we are. ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nebb-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:09ef12ba-c7a9-4947-b6d3-0035cfdf82fbPost:5c8c479f-b23d-46dc-80ec-77dbc7d4cf89">Re: *Nebb*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Nebb* : "She looks more like him than I do." :) Nebb, me too! Though I tried to get H into "Help!" once and he was amused but thought it was bizarre. I think, by 60's movie standards, it wasn't that bizarre, but knowing now that they were pretty much high the whole time totally makes sense as well.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    Help is my favourite. Adam has willingly watched a hard days night and help (and even suggested we watch them) but he couldnt get through all of yellow submarine, he thought it was weird. Im not even going to TRY to get him to watch magical mystery tour.
  • "and who's this susan when shes at home?"

Love it!!
  • To take this thread in one of those annoying wedding-related directions, "Here Comes The Sun" will be our reception entrance song...

SmileEmbarassed

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nebb-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:09ef12ba-c7a9-4947-b6d3-0035cfdf82fbPost:20e9ce28-b026-4d88-8510-afb37857ffc7">Re: *Nebb*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Nebb* : Help is my favourite. Adam has willingly watched a hard days night and help (and even suggested we watch them) but he couldnt get through all of yellow submarine, he thought it was weird. <strong>Im not even going to TRY to get him to watch magical mystery tour.</strong>
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Ha! That's probably for the best. And I love Help! too. It's my "sick day at home" movie.

Mand, I never think Beatles wedding songs are annoying. And I love that choice for an entrance song! We used "All You Need Is Love" for the BP ceremony entrance, then "Across the Universe" for H's mother-son dance (his mom is a huge Beatles fan too). And our table name was Beatles Rock Band (we did video game tables). So no judging here! :) Are you incorporating Beatles into your wedding in any other way?

• I guess I am in the minority because Paul has always been my least favorite. I even like his solo music, but I can't stand him as a person. John was always my favorite so that has something to do with that hate.
    Photobucket
  • We're going to be doing the mother/son and father/daughter dance simultaneously, and I think we'll play "In My Life" for that.

Oh, and duh, I'm having the BP walk down the aisle to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRo4-nZzSb4,
    and we'll back back out after the wedding to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtOq2Ke4LYw&feature=related

We're REALLY big Beatles fans. Our church won't allow the real songs, but instrumentals are okay.  Plus, "Let It Be" isn't really a wedding song, but it's our favorite.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nebb-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:09ef12ba-c7a9-4947-b6d3-0035cfdf82fbPost:4d5ee5fe-5886-495d-9fac-dfcf23d76196">Re: *Nebb*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I am in the minority because Paul has always been my least favorite. I even like his solo music, but I can't stand him as a person. John was always my favorite so that has something to do with that hate.
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

Paul is my FI's least favorite too.  I put him a step over Ringo, though.  George, John, Paul, and Ringo is the way I care to list them :)

• edited December 2010
    Reddy, I can totally understand that. My MIL is the same way because she's such a Lennon fan. I know Paul was the overbearing egotistical one much of the time, and didn't treat George and Ringo very well toward the end. But I think he's grown up a lot and is a great performer, so I still love him lots.

Mand, that is AWESOME. And you're right, it's a nice compromise to have the VSQ versions at the church! They do a great job on a lot of pop songs. We used their version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" for my entrance because it's so pretty. :)

• That's beautiful! We strongly considered using their version of Somebody to Love by Queen, too, but it just didn't make the cut.  Too many amazing songs we want to incorporate.  I'm obsessed with music, to the point that I'm writing a thesis on it, lol.  I should have known to discuss Beatles music with you... beatles.  Haha.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nebb-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:09ef12ba-c7a9-4947-b6d3-0035cfdf82fbPost:4b8beec9-9d04-4d7a-ba76-7cd87bc4beef">Re: *Nebb*</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's beautiful! <strong>We strongly considered using their version of Somebody to Love by Queen, too, but it just didn't make the cut.</strong>  Too many amazing songs we want to incorporate.  I'm obsessed with music, to the point that I'm writing a thesis on it, lol.  I should have known to discuss Beatles music with you... beatles.  Haha.
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

Goodness gracious, this was our runner-up for the VSQ song we used, no joking! You've got great taste in music. ;)

And I'd love to talk Beatles music with you sometime, and hear more about your thesis. I hear you are getting your PhD, correct? I have to post and run because we are going out to dinner soon, so I'll catch all you guys later!

• Ah, I have found my musical internet soulmate. Some people wait a lifetime to find theirs.

I am getting my Ph.D., yes, in clinical neuropsychology.  I noticed that my clients at the group home I work in respond amazingly to music-- the ones that can't make coherent sentences, or stutter, or just don't speak period: they all sing along to songs they've known in the past.  And it made me think about the fact that so many songs draw up old memories or feelings, even if it's been 20 years since you've heard them.  I think it's fascinating... hence the thesis.  Haven't started it yet, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards