Snarky Brides
Options

**Anysunrise**

I LOVE the new sig pic!  Are you and FI together now?  Or in a couple of months?

Re: **Anysunrise**

• Options
    Thanks! He was up for Labour Day weekend, which was when we took those. Sadly, there's still at least 2 and a half months before he can come pick me up for good. I have a surgery at the end of November I need to be here for.

Good news is, I should be getting my packet from the USCIS within the week, and I should be in Montreal for my interview within 2 months! Then the madness is oveeeeeeerr!!
  • Options
    Woo!  That's so exciting! 

Okay, I remembered you saying you were picking him up, etc., and that's what threw me off.  Tow and a half months should fly by!
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:7fe1efda-1607-4349-806d-483e1d829dc7">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woo!  That's so exciting!  Okay, I remembered you saying you were picking him up, etc., and that's what threw me off.  Tow and a half months should fly by!
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping so! He's planning on coming up for a week near the end of October for Hallowe'en and whatnot, and then he's going to drive up for a couple of days to take me for my surgery before bringing me home with him. Hopefully he'll be able to make it up for my interview too, but that doesnt' seem likely.

I'm holding out that the visits will make it easier, we're both so anxious to get it over with now that we've finally heard back from immigration. GAH. So freaking excited. I'm pretty sure watching him board the last time was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and I can't wait to never have to do it again.
  • Options
    Yeah, the LD stuff sucks. FI hasn't always loved living here, since it' such an adjustment, but he agrees that it's so much better than being 14 hrs apart.  I can't even imagine for you guys. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:ae093d87-edb9-4e07-8cb7-8d46166e5ec9">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, the LD stuff sucks. FI hasn't always loved living here, since it' such an adjustment, but he agrees that it's so much better than being 14 hrs apart.  I can't even imagine for you guys. 

Yeah, I think it's like a 21 hour drive total. And it's not like I can go visit there half the time either. Bleh.

I think I'll feel about the same as your FI did. Particularly with the weather. HOW DO PEOPLE LIVE WITH SUMMERS THAT HOT DAMNIT. The April I was down there for, I would up with heat stroke. In April. We still get blizzards in April. Madness, i tell you.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:5c082c25-73f5-4a6f-858c-5afbaeb8416f">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]During your interview, will they ask you a bunch of personal questions about your FI? When my friend got her visa after getting married, she'd been with her husband for like 5 years. One of the questions was his favorite color when he was a child, and one was his favorite number. Because, you know, that's the stuff that really matters.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I've heard of cases when they do, and cases where they don't even look at the photos. Just depends on how rigid the interviewer is I guess. I think it's different if you're married beforehand though, since for the fiance visa, your FI isn't required to be at meeting with you. So I doubt they're going to call him up and ask him what toothpaste he uses. It's just to prove that you actually have a relationship I guess.
  • Options

What?  You mean our marriage is only valid if I know his fav color/last bowel movement?  I'll start a log now, JIC. 

Seriously, though, one of my former students got married for citizenship and the guy interviewing them said they were sweet, so he'd go easy on them.  It was ridiculous.

• Options
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:51d48c8c-5020-489c-8fa6-cfcf821413da">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]What?  You mean our marriage is only valid if I know his fav color/last bowel movement?  I'll start a log now, JIC.  Seriously, though, one of my former students got married for citizenship and the guy interviewing them said they were sweet, so he'd go easy on them.  It was ridiculous.

The only reason I wasn't banned for ten years was because they were so mean to me they made me cry. I'm assuming they would've been in trouble with their supervisor. The ridiculousness goes both ways.

Seriously though, that one lady was such a b*tch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:eca49f91-a860-4cdc-b75f-31b8e57064e5">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Anysunrise** : The only reason I wasn't banned for ten years was because they were so mean to me they made me cry. I'm assuming they would've been in trouble with their supervisor. The ridiculousness goes both ways.  Seriously though, that one lady was such a b*tch.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    That's what I mean.  Why can some agents (is that what they're called?) be total asshats and some decide they "like" someone and so that person is golden.  I don't agree with being a jerk about the situation, but the inconsistency makes me even more angry.  I hate when some people get breaks and others don't. 
  • Options
    Yeah, it's sh*tty. Especially considering that, honestly, of all the people who do get let in, it's kind of ridiculous that I get barred and threatened with a ten year ban. I have a friend who knew this guy for a week and convinced him to marry her just so she could get in, and she's had no trouble bouncing from country to country. /rage
  • Options

That just makes my blood boil.  WTF is wrong with people? 

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Options
    aplatanadaaplatanada member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to barge in too, to say good luck on the interview!

I did the K-1 with H, too- the interview was SO anticlimatic! (Which is a good thing!) We had been so freaking worried- the whole thing took less than 5 minutes.  The lady (who was American) asked us the exact same questions, which were really easy.  (When did you meet, what was the name of the friend that introduced you, etc.)

I have to say, in spite of the waiting and separation, the process was relatively easy.  We started in Aug 09 and H received his temporary green card last week. (YAY!)

My unsolicited advice would be to do the JOP as soon as possible when your FI gets stateside to get started on the paperwork- the waiting is the worst part.

[Edited to clarify...]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:426058a7-0024-42e7-a765-73c13d81629e">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Barging in to ask... ... when did you start the K-1 application process?  I'm one month and one week into our "Initial Review" and obsessively checking USCIS.gov for status updates. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

We filed at the beginning of June; after that it's supposed to be only about 2 months max from the intial review. They're pretty accurate when they said 5-6 months total.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:dd3c127a-cda6-4245-8164-0444fd14cfd7">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Anysunrise** : Oh, it's total?  That's a huge relief.  I was starting to worry that it was 5-6 months before the California Processing Center was done with it!  If it's total, then we may actually have the damn thing before our February wedding. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Vermont and California centers are at the same waiting time, so you should be good =D Be happy you're not going through Nebraska; last time I checked it was at 40 months. Craziness.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Unrelated AWing: My dress is supposed to be in soon. I'm excited. Excuse the terrible blackberry photo, and the fact that the sample was a size ten and I'm a four. Yeeee!

• Options
    Then far be it from me to argue!  <3
  • Options
    I love that dress Any :) You look stunning in it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:7d73df74-e6d5-4353-b4bd-09805837fc09">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that dress Any :) You look stunning in it.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Thank you Katie =)
  • Options
    What a beautiful dress! I have total dress envy. You look so beautiful!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anysunrise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cd92196-4be5-4a41-b57b-dda412059476Post:988e28b3-a0b5-4e15-92bc-fb54b54baa20">Re: **Anysunrise**</a>:
    [QUOTE]What a beautiful dress! I have total dress envy. You look so beautiful!

^.^ Thanks. You can't see much of the detail on the skirt in that picture, but I have the good website pic on my Knot look book dealy. It's much prettier, and I'm hoping the train won't look so ridiculous when the dress is in my size. I felt like I was swimming in it, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards