New Hampshire
Options

Granite Rose

Anyone who has held their wedding there (or going to) and is wiling to help out, I have no idea how to budget for gratuity (as someone who did not grow up in a gratutity heavy culture) and would appreciate it if someone could help me out with the numbers they did use or are going to use.

We can switch over to private messaging or email, just have to throw out this original plee for help.

Re: Granite Rose

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Most venues include gratuity.  A venue like Granite Rose, I would think, would include it as well.  My venue includes an 18% gratuity on the final bill.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most venues include gratuity in their contract pricing. It is generally between 18% and 20%. 20% is considered a "good tip." Check the info on their website. Most places will say what they'll be adding for meals tax and gratuity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Granite Rose on 8/13/2011.  II'm pretty sure the gratuity is included, as we were told we could go above if we felt someone on staff really went above and beyond the call of duty, but we didn't have to as it was part of what were were quoted for a price on the contract.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    samiam0270samiam0270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Granite Rose on 6/25/11 and we met with Walter, who was kind enough to do an estimate printout for us based on a couple of entree selections, # of guests, the alcohol consumption deposit, etc.  You should definitely ask for that, its great for rough idea of pricing, and shows you the tax and service charge/fee on everything and how it breaks down.  Walter told me the 19% service charge INCLUDES the gratuity, so we don't need to budget for anything above that unless we really want to.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Remember also about meals tax (8% in NH?).  I believe most venues calculate the gratuity based on the final amount after meals tax.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meals tax in NH is now 9%, just FYI.

I'm not sure about charging the gratuity percentage after the meals tax is calculated... that sounds fishy.  I'll keep an eye out for that, personally.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OzziheartOzziheart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Again thank-you for your help and again sorry, not from this country and this grautity thing is giving my head a spin.

I'm being charged 20% service fee but was told and I quote "gratuity is not something that is included in the pricing".

I'm just want to do the right thing, can someone help translate - should I budget for graituity or not?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards