Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

UGH I feel stupid

So my reception is at a hotel and when I set up the hotel block, I didn't read the separate contract carefully enough and it turns out the block is set for Sat and Sun nights instead of Fri and Sat nights.  The reception is Saturday night.  The wedding isnt until next June so I'm hoping there will be enough time to fix it but I've called everyone I have numbers for and left voicemail but so far no one has called me back.  I'm starting to freak out a little bit.  Oh also I'm planning this from College Station so it's not like I can drive down there and sort it out :( This makes me wish I had a planner!  How long should I wait?  What should I do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: UGH I feel stupid

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First - Breath.

Second - You have until June of next year!! They will call you back and make this right.

Third - Breath again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I doubt it will be a big deal to change it... Give it a few days.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    when did you call? i'd give it 1 business day and then call back. can you speak with the hotel concierge in person? if no one calls you back within a day, i'd try to get him/her on the phone and make them find a person to speak to while you're on hold. it seems like more than enough time, but you do want to get it fixed asap.

ETA: but do read the prior posts and take a few deep breaths. i'm just really impatient when businesses don't return calls in a timely fashion. bugs the CRAP out of me.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    ninefivethreeninefivethree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't get over how fast you girls are!  Thanks so much!  You all are right, I only called this morning, plus there are 7.5 months to go, not 7 weeks.  I'm too impatient for my own good :) I'm going to give it a day or two before I try doing anything again!  I can guarantee that I will never ever skim over a contract again!  Good thing it wasn't something more important!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The conceirge does not handle catering contracts.

If you don't hear back from them by Wednesday (at the latest I would say), call back.  If you get their voicemail, leave a message but then call back (or transfer back) to the front desk.  Then ask for either the catering manager (if it's a different person) or the hotel manager. 
  • Options
    ninefivethreeninefivethree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JUST HEARD BACK!  Haha crisis avertedddd!  Thanks everyone!  Now I just feel a little silly Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards