Snarky Brides

Why hello there

Well it has been a long week. I was induced on Tuesday and things did not go well. Long story short there were several complications that resulted in an emergency c-section. I am okay with what happened because it was what was best for the baby and for me. It is obviously not the birth we had planned but we got to have some awesome moments throughout it all and I wouldn't change that for the world. At 11:19PM on August 4th Benjamin Joseph arrived at a lovely 8lbs 8oz and 21.5 inches long. If you are interested in the full birth story I posted it on the bump. http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/20455107.aspx We were just released from the hospital yesterday and all is going well now that we are at home. I am amazed at how awesome he is and love watching Joey be a father. Here is a quick photo from right after the c/s. I will post a better picture of the little man in a few days. . [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2483/3799008542_2ae7fc06dc.jpg[/img] .

Re: Why hello there

• THERE YOU ARE!Congratulations!!!!!! That story is terrifying and I'm so glad it has a happy ending for all.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • We've been waiting for this.  Congrats, mama and baby look great!  Sorry to hear that there were complications, but glad to hear that everything turned out good in the end.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Awwww CONGRATS!!!! My Super duper connection FAILED ME! Sorry you had to have a c-section. I know that's not what you wanted.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aaw, a boy! Congrats.  I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but I sure am glad he's here and you  both are well. Enjoy him!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Congrats Jen & Joey! Welcome Benjamin! I love his name.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Babbs - I had some issues with people posting things that I didn't want posted on other boards a few months ago so I think that your contact was trying to keep this in mind when deciding to give out information. She probably wasn't sure if I was going to post an update or not and didn't want to give out info if I wasn't going to post about it.
  • It's okay, the AFSB Psychic Friends Network were on top of things.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Congrats on bebeh Benjamin!  I love the name!  sorry the birth didn't go as planned, but glad it turned out best for everyone involved in the end!  Can't wait for more pictures!
  • Congratulations Jen and Joey! Glad to hear you are all healthy and happy!

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • I would have understood that=(
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
  • Oh and I was thinking about your Babbs when I was recovering in the hospital. There is no internet there....OMG you would hate being on bedrest there.
  • I would go crazy without the internet! I am addicted to FB games! I am glad you and the LO are well:) I can't wait to see more pictures!
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
  • Welcome Benjamin Joseph!  Congratulations Jen!I am sorry to hear you had complications, but I am so so happy to hear that you both are doing well!I look forward to more pictures.  This first one is beautiful!  I wish you a speedy recovery.
  • Babbs-what FB games are you addicted to? If you've never played Bubble Spinner, don't do it. It will hypnotize you, it's evil.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • That's my current game, my high score is 881. I can't get any higher. It sucks, but I love it. I have been playing now for about 2 hours.
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
  • My high score is 839. I've played a similar game on a different site and been able to score much higher. Even though I think it's evil, I can't stop myself.
  • J&J, he's beautiful. I'm sorry you had to go through so much, but I am very happy to hear that everyone's healthy. Congratulations! Is he sleeping through the night yet? (hee)

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Congratulations guys! I'm looking forward to more pictures. =)

• Another Canadian AFBer brought into the world, score one for us! Congrats Jen! Complications suck, but how everything turns out is the most important thing, and it looks like everything turned out absolutely perfect. I love the name Benjamin.
  • He is adorable! I love the name too. Congrats to all of you!
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Congrtatulations! I'm sorry it didn't go how you planned, but I'm glad everyone is doing well. Benjamin is a most excellent name!

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Congratulations!  He's beautiful.  I'm not reading your story just yet, because I just woke up and don't want to be sad.  But he is beautiful, and not many babies are that cute that soon.  I think a combination of good genes and not having to venture through the scary vagina is doing him wonders.  It's always worked for me.I'm so excited for you.  (though next time, you may want to consult with me about a name.  There's a chance the name Pickles Sanchez may still be available, and it could have been yours.  But your name is nice too)
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • You both look beautiful. In the end, all that matters is that the little person is in your arms.
  • Congratulations!!
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Congrats, JNJ!  I'm glad he finally came out!
  • Congratulations!  I love his name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats J&J!  I bet you're glad to have him on the outside!
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Oh, Jen!  He's gorgeous, and he looks so happy to be in your arms! Congratulations, Mama
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards