Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My B&M is that my RSVP are due next week and I have about HALF of the guest list that has still not RSVP'd UUGGGHHHH!!!

FLAME ME but on a good note I have had a great start this morning...I woke up an hour early and FI and I went and ate IHOP before we went to work :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My B&M: I got Flamed by Tiffany on Friday and I wasn't here! Granted I was wrong on how I vented about the situation with my friend. I don't mind her getting married the month of my wedding, I just know it'll effect our guest. I knew it was selfish of me not to tell her about the knot, but I was more joking about it. I told her the day she asked me for help.

I get flamed too because I'm so happy to be done with the engagement!

• Options
    edited December 2011

My B&M is that I have 5, yes 5 days left and I still have so much to do.  Why oh why did I procrastinate some of this stuff?  On a good note, my bachelorette party was this weekend and we had a blast.  We stayed at the Gaylord.  We were on the 9th floor and right over our balcony was a wedding ceremony.  We ordered wine up to our room and watched it. Ha.  The bride was so beautiful!

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was absent last Thursday to help my brother pack up the house (my dad is having the foundation repaired starting today and then moving through a whole bunch of improvements).  I sent an email to the people at my main school and the principal of the school to where I travel.  This morning I get an Omission of Obligation form in my box because I didn't post attendance the day I was gone.  She didn't bother to check with anyone (namely her boss) to see if I was absent or to talk with the attendance clerk to see if this was normal for me.  NOTHING.  I gave it back to her, not filled out, and told her I was absent.  She told me to take it back and fill it out with my rebuttal.  I said, "I was absent.  I have to go open my room now" and walked away.  This is the same person who stood in the doorway of my room staring at the kids and me.  When it finally got too awkward to bear, I introduced myself and asked if I could help her.  It was seriously one of the rudest encounters I have ever had with a "professional". 

I woke up with a headache but it seems to be gone thankfully. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Deepthi - Ha, sorry... I didn't know if you would be on or not.  The things I flamed surely didn't sound like you were joking at the time.   Congrats on getting through your formal engagement though, I'm sure that is a huge weight off of your shoulders.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:00ddda0e-cb44-4bd9-88d1-6f5014ee55ccPost:f500c699-2629-4ebc-b9be-f69d5baa987c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Deepthi - Ha, sorry... I didn't know if you would be on or not.  The things I flamed surely didn't sound like you were joking at the time.   Congrats on getting through your formal engagement though, I'm sure that is a huge weight off of your shoulders.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

It's not a problem at all! I don't mind being flamed once in a while. Yea people say when I joke it doesn't come out right. I've been trying to work at it. She's a really sweet girl and we've known eachother almost our whole lives. I'm actually very excited for her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sooooo tired from the weekend... we had a 3 day garage sale. Phew it's a lot of work, but absolutely blessed bc we made enough to pay for our airline tickets or our venue!!!  YAY
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't feel good yesterday and so I didn't get as much accomplished for school as I would've liked.  Now I feel like I am getting further and further behind.

Also, we may have to change our honeymoon plans, and I really don't want to!  I was so excited about our trip!

My other B&M is that I for some reason didn't have my period.  I am on birth control and have never missed a period while being on it.  The pregnancy test was negative, so I don't know what caused it.  But I always feel better after I start. :-/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my coworkers is annoying enough that sometimes I put on my headphones without any music just so I can hear her less/ignore her more easily.

Our car is having problems again. I swear this car has been such a money pit. But it's paid off and we can't afford to take on a car payment, so we keeping fixing it.

I found out that I didn't get one of the two jobs I interviewed for two weeks ago. And I'm feeling a lot less confident about the other one than I did right after it.

I really want to be excited about the wedding, but right now I'm so tired and I feel like I have so much to do still. The excitement does come and go, but right now it's gone.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is going to be a new one...My mother is driving me CRAZY!
    Ugh! I'm not going to go into detail, but seriously!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Serlace (and Anna) hang in there!  There was a bachelorette party at the Melrose the night of my wedding.  The bride-to-be asked to take a picture with me--I thought that was so cute!  And they had watched our ceremony on the terrace also!

My B&M is that my face is breaking out and I take my B-pics Sunday.  Also I went and tried on lingerie on Friday and looked awful in everything.  I am feeling just blech.
  • Options
    September196September196 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was running so behind this morning that I had no time to do any makeup before coming in to work.  So as I tried to put on a little in my office, I realized too late that I accidentally picked up a pen to do my eyeliner.  At least I didn't get too much on me!
    But yay for no boss today : )

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been breaking out as well.

Stephie- I'm absolutely positive you will look smashing, you have nothing to worry about at all :)

I get baseball might not be your thing but don't burst everyone elses bubble who might be excited about it after hearing "Go Rangers" twice.  How many times do we have to listen to Cowboys talk non stop?  Get over it- move on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ALLERGIES.

seriously, i'm having the worst allergies i can remember since my first few seasons with them in college, before getting good drugs. we got back from the HM and i IMMEDIATELY got sick with bad allergies that became a sinus infection. i was JUST starting to feel pretty good toward the end of last week and then they came back yesterday. i can't tell if i'm actually getting sick again, or if it's just the combination of allergy hangover + not sleeping well last night, but i'm DONE with it. i want to not be allergic anymore!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    edited December 2011
    BanannaP: i totally hear you. i have a REALLY annoying co-worker. i swear she doesn't understand how to think something instead of saying it out loud.

and i had the same "SO TIRED OF IT ALL" feeling right before the wedding. you'll feel better soon, i promise. :)

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Soo.... I'm a dance teacher and sent wedding invitations to some of my older competition students from the studio I have taught at for a long time. RSVP date was last Monday, only one family has RSVPed (although I have heard a lot of "Oh yeah, I think we're coming")... THEN, my boss just threw me a shower on Sunday for these families and only 2 people showed up. After I have invested so much time in the lives of all of these girls, they can't even make a little effort when its my turn to have something important going on? I know people are busy and have a lot going on, but c'mon. I feel bad that my boss made the effort to throw a shower and no one came. Ugh....

On a happy note, 19 days till my wedding! yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I look like I have been in a UFC fight... I bit the crap out of my bottom lip late last week, and I keep biting it accidentally when I try to chew so it's all swollen and disgusting looking.

On Saturday night, we came home around 3AM after a party that was thrown in our honor ( a post wedding Persian tradition ), and I was too lazy to wash off my makeup properly and something went in my eye and totally irritated it and now my eyes is all swollen as well.

This is not my week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My B&M is that my best friend/MOH got in a HUGE fight with her FI to the point of packing up her stuff and leaving.  She called me and was soo upset and I kept trying to comfort her but she just kept saying since I moved to TX she has no where to go.  I called her back an hour or so later and she was back at their house and basically pretending nothing was wrong even though they did address the reason she left but she "had" to because they had company. They did address it late the next day but by that time I worry that he felt it wasnt as serious as it should have been.
    I feel HORRIBLE because I think that if I was still in Omaha she would have spent the night at my place. She would have went back the next day and really talked through it and demanded some changes and he would have realized the seriousness of it all.

I know I cant control her situation and she made a choice but I just feel bad that I wasnt there for her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine.. well its Monday and I do not do well on Mondays...
    Then FI called and said that he will be working on Thanksgiving so I will be all by myself!!! 
    I really miss him already I hope he can make it home at the end of the month....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just spent 22, yes 22, minutes on the phone with a client answering questions I've answered multiple times in regards to their upcoming event. They then blamed me for not being clear on what I was saying. I've outlined it in the notes for you and offered suggestions for the past month as to how best to handle certain situations. Don't get upset with me cause this is now so last minute

I have an eye appointment after work. I HATE the eye doctor.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I deal with collection agencies all day @ work...and I am sick to death of THEIR B&M-ing. No, my client does NOT have the funds to settle their account at this time. If they could come up with $10K at the drop of a hat, do you think they would be delinquent with you? Common sense is NOT so common.
    It is fun to argue with them though :) It is the best cure for my bad days!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While using the spray adhesive to start to put together the invites, some of it stuck on my arm (probably because I was shaking it all around trying to get the last drop out of it).  It wasn't fun getting that off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really peeved.

Someone traded in a car in my name (with my approval, long story) to get another car at a large reputable dealership.   We are now about 25 days past that date and the dealership still hasn't paid it off.  I called them Thursday and they claim that they were sending out a check first thing Friday.  Um, what if I hadn't called??

A late fee hits the account tommorrow.... they will be paying that too if it doesn't post by then.

It is still within the 30 day window of when the payment is due so it isn't negatively affecting my credit.   If it goes that far though, I'm going to have to make a payment...which is reeeally going to piss me off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know how I was supposed to stay at The Adolphus and go to some conference tomorrow with someone?  Well now she has canceled because she said she couldn't afford it (it would have been $74 each) and now I get to hear about how she is spending money doing this and doing that. Thought you didn't have the money?   If you don't have $74 how do you have more than that?  Yes, I know.  Her money, her decision but I'm still a little miffed that she canceled on such a short notice.  Now I'm not even going.  She was supposed to call and cancel and even though I have reminded her, she probably forgot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really tired of people assuming I'm on a diet just because I'm getting married in 6 months. My FMIL asked me the other day, "Are you sure you want cheese on your burger? Don't you want to fit into your dress?" UMM I already fit into my dress. I've also been the same size for at least 5 years, eating cheeseburgers and all. Back off people, we're not all crazy dieting bridezillas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://dallas.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:00ddda0e-cb44-4bd9-88d1-6f5014ee55ccPost:3ef96b51-1e13-4485-8fad-a8bdcca3a20e">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really tired of people assuming I'm on a diet just because I'm getting married in 6 months. My FMIL asked me the other day, "Are you sure you want cheese on your burger? Don't you want to fit into your dress?" UMM I already fit into my dress. I've also been the same size for at least 5 years, eating cheeseburgers and all. Back off people, we're not all crazy dieting bridezillas!
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

Angela, don't listen to them. A person in DH's extended family made a similar comment to me which actually ended up turning into a speech that went on for about 5 min about how I should watch what I eat and how I should've ordered a smaller dress to encourage me to lose weight. Yeah because being a street dress size 6 is just soooo bad ...  ::: eye roll :::  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Angela - Ugh that is rude!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree!  That is totally rude!  Just don't listen to them! :-)

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I don't care! I don't take it personally, it's just freaking annoying!
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm breaking out because of all the stress I've been under for school
    Next week, I have 4 tests in less than 24 hours.
    Texas Tech football sucks this year and so I can never watch any of the games on tv. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards