Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Vendor Reviews

I hope this helps with anyone looking to use any of these vendors!!

The Milestone (venue/catering) A+

The venue is a gorgeous old style mansion built specifically for weddings.  The best part was having a coordinator included in the whole planning process.  They are definitely there to make your day special and run absolutely smooth!  We were the only wedding that day so my BP got there around noon and got to enjoy the very large Bridal Suite and the guys got to enjoy the man cave equipped with a pool table and an NBA Arcade games!  The food was delicious!  Another plus is that the venue includes the DJ and the Cake along with table clothes and centerpieces if you wish to use them.  Only negatives were you had to use their Alcohol Provider which was very expensive and its out in the middle of nowhere so people leave early :(

Market Street (florist) CI was unhappy with them when I had my bouquet made for my Bridal pictures and they went through 3 managers in the time of planning.  I provided exact pictures of what I wanted and got the opposite.  When I went to “start over” for my day of flowers it seemed to be a little better.  I stayed with them because my budget wasn’t flexible enough to change 2-3 months before the wedding.  The day of flowers came out much better but by the end of the ceremony they were wilting and looking rather helpless. L  The price was right but I wish I had up’ d my budget to allow me to go somewhere else and not stress so much about it!
Hannah’s off the Square (Alcohol) B+
The service was outstanding and they even included specialty drinks that we didn’t include cause it wasn’t in our budget.  The downside is they are the only company our venue allows to serve alcohol and because of that they are EXPENSIVE!  We spent several thousands for beer and wine service and once our allotted amount was met it went to a cash bar. The cash bar started about 1 hour before ceremony was over.  No one seemed to mind it though.  Another negative is we had to hire them by the hour before the wedding to serve us a pre-wedding beverage.  Well it was $150 an hour so we of course only did 1 hour.  The manager I worked with in the planning was very helpful and everyone complimented the bar service!

DFW Mobile DJs (DJ) A+I worked a lot with the owner of the co before the wedding and was handed over to my day of Dj a week or 2 before.  Curtis (day of DJ) was great.  He played all the requested songs, knew when to fade out a song & kept the party going!  The DJ is included in the venue package and the DJ and venue work extremely well together to make it run smoothly! Belle Boutique (Photographer) BWhen we had our first initial meeting in January I felt like I didn’t hear from her again until I contacted her 2 weeks before the wedding.  I had my bridals and engagement done by someone else so we didn’t really need her during the planning.  She arrived early which was great cause we were ready to go!  I had 2 photographers so they were able to get shots of me and the guys @ the same time.  When talking to H it seems his photographer did a lot more fun shots and went all throughout the venue for pics.  I was in my suite or out on the porch and don’t feel like I got a whole lot of shots done before the wedding.  I guess I’ll find out in 30 days when we get proofs!  The shooting time between ceremony and reception seemed to take a long time (I have a big family) and I felt we didn’t provide ourselves enough time to get shots of H & I alone.   David’s Bridal (Bridal Gown and Bridesmaid dresses) AI went in completely organized knowing exactly what I wanted in my wedding dress, after trying on about 10 dresses and not getting the WOW I wanted to the sales rep pulled a completely opposite of what I wanted dress and it was “THE ONE” with tears and all.  The rep worked really well with me and giving me what I wanted and giving me other options that I might like but didn’t think of.  My bridesmaid dresses were all the same color in long length and each girl got to pick her style.  It actually went really well, I told them all to pick what they like and it’s first come first serve on who gets what style.  They all got what they wanted w/ no drama!!  Tailoring by Rios (Alterations) A+I wasn’t able to get in with Becky when I was available so I tried Rios by a referral.  My dress was about 4 sizes too big since it was an off the rack dress.  They were able to take it in to fit me perfectly! Not once throughout the night did I have to tug to keep the dress up.  They were able to complete the work in about 2 weeks with 2 fittings and its cost was about $125. Men’s Warehouse (Groom and Groomsmen) BWhile the process was super easy to set up it was a little more difficult to make changes.  Any changes that had to be made you had to physically go to the store.  Then when we went to get measured for H they said they measured him @ initial set-up of the tuxes which was in February and the wedding was in September.  I asked them to just measure again since his weight had changed.  Well they had his jacket about 6 inches past his fingertips and the length of his pants about his ankles.  Good thing we got him resized!  And then the day before my nephew (ring bearer) got his tux and it was ridiculously oversized!  Luckily all of the errors were a simple fix but would have been nice to have them right in the beginning. Candy Haven (Cake) B+The planning and set-up of the design went very and the venue includes the cake so there is nothing to be paid from us!  The cake design for the bridal and grooms cake was right on point.  And then it was time for the cake cutting, it was not the flavor we picked!  It was strawberry cake, it ended up being amazingly delicious & we had a ton of compliments but we ordered a white chocolate almond cake with strawberry cream filling.  It ended up not mattering to me cause it was so good! Creative Events (Photo booth) A+This was a huge success!  There was a non-stop line for pictures all night long.  We bought our own photo booth props which saved us $$.  The booth was a groupon for $350 for 3 hours.  They ended up staying for 4 hours and we got a copy of all the pictures taken! Westin Hotel DFW (Wedding Night) C+This was a very hectic and unorganized situation when we got to the hotel that night around 12:30am. Our getaway car was my brother-in-laws classic ’65 Mustang.  H went earlier in the day and dropped our big luggage off so we only had the small bags we had @ the venue with us.  When we arrived the valet service was closed but they had “FREE” valet only. Didn’t make sense.  So after standing out in the drive-thru clueless, a worker who was off the clock and didn’t speak clear English said that he would help with our bags and the car.  Not sure if he worked valet or not but he told us to pull the car up and over to the side of the driveway and he will take care of it.  Well this isn’t our car so we were a lil hesitant but he insisted.  Once we got in and checked-in the check-in rep said it was fine and they will make sure the car got parked.  The next morning we checked and the car was still there! Thank goodness!   The Royal Playa Del Carmen (Honeymoon) A++From the moment we landed in Cancun to the check-out of the hotel it was paradise! We booked through travel agencies who included a honeymoon package.  With that we got private shuttle to and from the hotel, a cocktail upon arrival @ the hotel and a private check-in with a Romance Concierge who was also ours for assistance for the week.  The hotel itself is gorgeous! The landscape, the views, the location, the food & service were all amazing.  There were 3 pools to choose from with never-ending cocktail/beverage service.  The beach had plenty of lounging chairs along with Butler service.  The whole week was just amazing and we plan to go back in the future! 123Print (Save the Dates) AThe program was easy to use and create your own personal magnet. The order came with the magnet and envelopes.   VistaPrint (Invitations) B+This Program was not as easy to use and did not have the option for extra inserts if needed.  But they were very inexpensive for what you get.  To save $$ we printed the addresses @ home on the invites ourselves rather than pay for a calligrapher. Los Toreros (Rehearsal Dinner) AThis was just about 20 min from our venue and is a family owned Mexican restaurant.  We ate there several times before choosing this as our Rehearsal dinner location.  The management was very flexible and allowed us to create a set menu of 4-5 entrees and a cash bar.  We had a private room that they allowed my mother-in-law to decorate beforehand.  The service was great and the food was delicious! Hair and Make-up were done by a family friend who does not do services professionally so I did not include those reviews!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    WOW! that is not how it was typed when I hit submit! Sorry about that
  • Options
    I sent this to my coworker, who is getting married there in March! She also has had issues with the alcohol situation, and they are just forgoing it in their bridal suite to save the money.

Sounds like everything went great!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reviews! Glad to hear that everything went so well! We also went to El Dorado Royale (I am assuming this is the same one?) but we stayed on the Casitas side. We LOVED it and are really hoping to go back soon! Congrats!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Let's try this.  :)

The Milestone (venue/catering) A+ The venue is a gorgeous old style mansion built specifically for weddings.  The best part was having a coordinator included in the whole planning process.  They are definitely there to make your day special and run absolutely smooth!  We were the only wedding that day so my BP got there around noon and got to enjoy the very large Bridal Suite and the guys got to enjoy the man cave equipped with a pool table and an NBA Arcade games!  The food was delicious!  Another plus is that the venue includes the DJ and the Cake along with table clothes and centerpieces if you wish to use them.  Only negatives were you had to use their Alcohol Provider which was very expensive and its out in the middle of nowhere so people leave early :(

Market Street (florist) C
    I was unhappy with them when I had my bouquet made for my Bridal pictures and they went through 3 managers in the time of planning.  I provided exact pictures of what I wanted and got the opposite.  When I went to “start over” for my day of flowers it seemed to be a little better.  I stayed with them because my budget wasn’t flexible enough to change 2-3 months before the wedding.  The day of flowers came out much better but by the end of the ceremony they were wilting and looking rather helpless. L  The price was right but I wish I had up’ d my budget to allow me to go somewhere else and not stress so much about it!

Hannah’s off the Square (Alcohol) B+
    The service was outstanding and they even included specialty drinks that we didn’t include cause it wasn’t in our budget.  The downside is they are the only company our venue allows to serve alcohol and because of that they are EXPENSIVE!  We spent several thousands for beer and wine service and once our allotted amount was met it went to a cash bar. The cash bar started about 1 hour before ceremony was over.  No one seemed to mind it though.  Another negative is we had to hire them by the hour before the wedding to serve us a pre-wedding beverage.  Well it was $150 an hour so we of course only did 1 hour.  The manager I worked with in the planning was very helpful and everyone complimented the bar service!

DFW Mobile DJs (DJ) A+
    I worked a lot with the owner of the co before the wedding and was handed over to my day of Dj a week or 2 before.  Curtis (day of DJ) was great.  He played all the requested songs, knew when to fade out a song & kept the party going!  The DJ is included in the venue package and the DJ and venue work extremely well together to make it run smoothly!  

Belle Boutique (Photographer) B
    When we had our first initial meeting in January I felt like I didn’t hear from her again until I contacted her 2 weeks before the wedding.  I had my bridals and engagement done by someone else so we didn’t really need her during the planning.  She arrived early which was great cause we were ready to go!  I had 2 photographers so they were able to get shots of me and the guys @ the same time.  When talking to H it seems his photographer did a lot more fun shots and went all throughout the venue for pics.  I was in my suite or out on the porch and don’t feel like I got a whole lot of shots done before the wedding.  I guess I’ll find out in 30 days when we get proofs!  The shooting time between ceremony and reception seemed to take a long time (I have a big family) and I felt we didn’t provide ourselves enough time to get shots of H & I alone.    

David’s Bridal (Bridal Gown and Bridesmaid dresses) A
    I went in completely organized knowing exactly what I wanted in my wedding dress, after trying on about 10 dresses and not getting the WOW I wanted to the sales rep pulled a completely opposite of what I wanted dress and it was “THE ONE” with tears and all.  The rep worked really well with me and giving me what I wanted and giving me other options that I might like but didn’t think of.  My bridesmaid dresses were all the same color in long length and each girl got to pick her style.  It actually went really well, I told them all to pick what they like and it’s first come first serve on who gets what style.  They all got what they wanted w/ no drama!!   

Tailoring by Rios (Alterations) A+
    I wasn’t able to get in with Becky when I was available so I tried Rios by a referral.  My dress was about 4 sizes too big since it was an off the rack dress.  They were able to take it in to fit me perfectly! Not once throughout the night did I have to tug to keep the dress up.  They were able to complete the work in about 2 weeks with 2 fittings and its cost was about $125.  

Men’s Warehouse (Groom and Groomsmen) B
    While the process was super easy to set up it was a little more difficult to make changes.  Any changes that had to be made you had to physically go to the store.  Then when we went to get measured for H they said they measured him @ initial set-up of the tuxes which was in February and the wedding was in September.  I asked them to just measure again since his weight had changed.  Well they had his jacket about 6 inches past his fingertips and the length of his pants about his ankles.  Good thing we got him resized!  And then the day before my nephew (ring bearer) got his tux and it was ridiculously oversized!  Luckily all of the errors were a simple fix but would have been nice to have them right in the beginning.  

Candy Haven (Cake) B+
    The planning and set-up of the design went very and the venue includes the cake so there is nothing to be paid from us!  The cake design for the bridal and grooms cake was right on point.  And then it was time for the cake cutting, it was not the flavor we picked!  It was strawberry cake, it ended up being amazingly delicious & we had a ton of compliments but we ordered a white chocolate almond cake with strawberry cream filling.  It ended up not mattering to me cause it was so good! 

Creative Events (Photo booth) A+
    This was a huge success!  There was a non-stop line for pictures all night long.  We bought our own photo booth props which saved us $$.  The booth was a groupon for $350 for 3 hours.  They ended up staying for 4 hours and we got a copy of all the pictures taken!  

Westin Hotel DFW (Wedding Night) C+
    T
    his was a very hectic and unorganized situation when we got to the hotel that night around 12:30am. Our getaway car was my brother-in-laws classic ’65 Mustang.  H went earlier in the day and dropped our big luggage off so we only had the small bags we had @ the venue with us.  When we arrived the valet service was closed but they had “FREE” valet only. Didn’t make sense.  So after standing out in the drive-thru clueless, a worker who was off the clock and didn’t speak clear English said that he would help with our bags and the car.  Not sure if he worked valet or not but he told us to pull the car up and over to the side of the driveway and he will take care of it.  Well this isn’t our car so we were a lil hesitant but he insisted.  Once we got in and checked-in the check-in rep said it was fine and they will make sure the car got parked.  The next morning we checked and the car was still there! Thank goodness!    

The Royal Playa Del Carmen (Honeymoon) A++
    From the moment we landed in Cancun to the check-out of the hotel it was paradise! We booked through travel agencies who included a honeymoon package.  With that we got private shuttle to and from the hotel, a cocktail upon arrival @ the hotel and a private check-in with a Romance Concierge who was also ours for assistance for the week.  The hotel itself is gorgeous! The landscape, the views, the location, the food & service were all amazing.  There were 3 pools to choose from with never-ending cocktail/beverage service.  The beach had plenty of lounging chairs along with Butler service.  The whole week was just amazing and we plan to go back in the future!  

123Print (Save the Dates) A
    The program was easy to use and create your own personal magnet. The order came with the magnet and envelopes.    

VistaPrint (Invitations) B+
    This Program was not as easy to use and did not have the option for extra inserts if needed.  But they were very inexpensive for what you get.  To save $$ we printed the addresses @ home on the invites ourselves rather than pay for a calligrapher. 

Los Toreros (Rehearsal Dinner) A
    This was just about 20 min from our venue and is a family owned Mexican restaurant.  We ate there several times before choosing this as our Rehearsal dinner location.  The management was very flexible and allowed us to create a set menu of 4-5 entrees and a cash bar.  We had a private room that they allowed my mother-in-law to decorate beforehand.  The service was great and the food was delicious!  

Hair and Make-up were done by a family friend who does not do services professionally so I did not include those reviews!
  • Options

THANKS! Not sure why it did that to me & of course it doesn't let you edit or delete the message!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards