July 2012 Weddings

Friday Chat Thread

123457»

Re: Friday Chat Thread

• Interesting. I think he should come on Tuesday to be safe but he was saying to "make sure" first since he'll have to work from PA if he comes on Tuesday. . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0bb7f6de-4d38-4039-a4a6-77255493b47cPost:cf6ca8f3-70a0-4aa1-8886-75e4e98847a2">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone own any Jersey Knit tanks from Old Navy? How's the quality (i.e. do they hold up in the wash)?
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

I used to buy ON stuff all the time because their prices are so good... but their quality has really gotten horrible.  They're comfy and soft, but the material is very thin and will eventually get holes in it from the washing machine.  I use them for mostly workout clothes.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • thanks for the well wishes - apparently I am done?? it was such a hectic feeling to go in to the bank and say "please wire XYZ all my $$. k thanks." And now it's over.

I am rewarding myself with a wheatgrass, mango, and banana smoothie, but despite the extreme healthiness level of the smoothie, I wish there was some booze in it.
  • Thanks, k8888 and colleen! You guys are very helpful. I may just stick with H&M for shirts because as crappy as their quality is, they're soooo cheap.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0bb7f6de-4d38-4039-a4a6-77255493b47cPost:ecc825e2-3f90-4ec9-867d-4492f369fd0b">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks for the well wishes - apparently I am done?? it was such a hectic feeling to go in to the bank and say "please wire XYZ all my $$. k thanks." And now it's over. I am rewarding myself with a wheatgrass, mango, and banana smoothie, <strong>but despite the extreme healthiness level of the smoothie, I wish there was some booze in it.
    </strong>Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

I "Like"d BluePrint Cleansue on FB and now get all of their feeds. One of them was "Which juice would you like to add booze to!??!?!" I found that weird. But I still think their Pineapple Apple Mint would be a GREAT base for a mojito.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0bb7f6de-4d38-4039-a4a6-77255493b47cPost:bc9688ba-7b8e-4a09-90c3-0ecf80ca8821">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Thanks, k8888 and colleen! You guys are very helpful.</strong> I may just stick with H&M for shirts because as crappy as their quality is, they're soooo cheap.

Anytime!
  • so, I am a total t-shirt and sweatshirt snob, but I really only wear Alternative Apparel for my basics and layering. http://www.alternativeapparel.com/store/

I accidentally discovered it about 2 years ago and there are no basics that are better. le sigh. I have about 8 of their sweatshirts and I LIVE in them when I am lounging. It's an unhealthy addiction. My fiance is addicted too, he has almost as many of their sweatshirts and hoodies as I do.

for comfy cool tanks that last forever I have a bajillion lululemon "cool racerback" tanks. They have a short version ("racing length", a regular length version and a extra long version. They are perefect for working out or for layering or for just wearing by themselves. $39 or $42 each depending on the style but they seriously last F O R E V E R and are the comfiest around. http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-tanks/Cool-Racerback-30193?cc=6931&skuId=21286&catId=uswwearit6

yes i am a walking lululemon advertisement
  • butterfly, I live in lululemon for workout gear, but all of their colors are too bright for my purposes at the moment (safari). Sorry - I have a one track mind recently!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh saddddddd!! I didn't know your tanks were for the safari too. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I have the cool racerback in two different shades of grey, is that neutral enough for the animals not to see? haha.

I am ready to go home I think.
  • $42 for a tank top???  I just died. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0bb7f6de-4d38-4039-a4a6-77255493b47cPost:4d86d6e0-d6d3-4cb1-a609-83a974caffc7">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]$42 for a tank top???  I just died. 
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

But they really are amazing. But yeah, we're crazypants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That Long-Sleeved V-neck hoodie from Alternative Apparel looks so incredibly comfy, I want to put it on right now
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0bb7f6de-4d38-4039-a4a6-77255493b47cPost:4d86d6e0-d6d3-4cb1-a609-83a974caffc7">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]$42 for a tank top???  I just died. 
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Same!

I don't think I ever spent more than $8 on a tank since i get mine all at ON. lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Some people like to spend $$ on clothes... I can respect that.  I just can't wrap my own little brain around it hahaha.

I'm with bells!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bridetobe - YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, GIRL....once you start wearing alternative stuff, you won't ever want to stop.

and ok, lululemon is a problem of mine. I literally cannot practice yoga or work out in anything that is NOT lulu, now that I have gotten addicted. There is just nothing else like it. People don't understand unless they wear it to work out in and feel the difference...it just doesn't move around, and it wicks sweat away, and it keeps you comfy, and it holds its shape for YEARS, and it makes you look skinnier and smoother than you are in real life. I literally have a pair of lululemon pants that are THREE years old that I have worn hundres of times and they still look brand new. and they still make my butt look unbelievably good.  
  • bells - Do you like the ON ones? I like tanks and tees that are slightly longer - like tunics. Are they cropped? I hate cropped tees and tanks that hit above my hips.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0bb7f6de-4d38-4039-a4a6-77255493b47cPost:6ec6fd2d-3b0b-4918-8bac-655703f58269">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]bells - Do you like the ON ones? I like tanks and tees that are slightly longer - like tunics. Are they cropped? I hate cropped tees and tanks that hit above my hips.

I do like them. But like k888 said they do tend to wear out. No they are not cropped they go down to about your hip area.
  • butterfly, you don't need to justify your lululemon addiction. I am with you on that one! hahahaha

I may go check out the ON ones - not sure H&M will have the colors I need. Of course I go on safari the season that has sooo many bright colors for everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i know ON is having like a massive deal this weekend. I bought like 10 pairs of flip flops, kids clothes for my friends baby, and some workout clothes for myself for $50!
  • I just bought 5 pairs of khakis from ON - hoping that one of them fits! I have a banana republic card, so I got 20% off! :) I think the sale is through tomorrow so I may buy some tanks/tees in person when I see them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have some of their Khaki's for casual Fridays for work. I like them. I have washed them a billion times and they still seem alright.
  • Coming back from outside again and noticed that bridetobe asked about PA marriage licenses and Colleen answered.  I just wanted to say that you get the licenses right then and it's not good for business days and ours counted the day that we got it so if you got it Wednesday you should be good for Saturday!  Might want to call the county you're in and double check.

Also, the fee they charge is going up at the end of this month so if you can apply for it early (like get back to PA within the next few weeks to get it) you'll save $$$.  I think they told us it's going up at least $10...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0bb7f6de-4d38-4039-a4a6-77255493b47cPost:ae64b524-b14e-4d93-9c80-b15dc120927e">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Coming back from outside again and noticed that bridetobe asked about PA marriage licenses and Colleen answered.  I just wanted to say that you get the licenses right then and it's not good for business days and ours counted the day that we got it so if you got it Wednesday you should be good for Saturday!  Might want to call the county you're in and double check.<strong> Also, the fee they charge is going up at the end of this month so if you can apply for it early (like get back to PA within the next few weeks to get it) you'll save $$$.  I think they told us it's going up at least $10...</strong>
    Posted by honeybear072012[/QUOTE]

Well each county has a different fee.  I live in Delaware County but work in Montgomery and MontCo. was actually like $15 cheaper then delco,
  • Ladies I am off!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!  My co-bachelorette ladies have a FANTASTIC time! I can not wait for pictures next week :)
  • Cannot wait to see your photos next week, everyone! Have a great weekend!

Honeybear, interesting info. The Philly website says that it takes 3 days. It must vary by county, though. We could try Delco since we'll be staying with my family on the Main Line but I would assume it's probably the same?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0bb7f6de-4d38-4039-a4a6-77255493b47cPost:40ad4c7c-bb9c-4c06-ad71-8f680c4c45f4">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cannot wait to see your photos next week, everyone! Have a great weekend! Honeybear, interesting info. The Philly website says that it takes 3 days. It must vary by county, though. We could try Delco since we'll be staying with my family on the Main Line but I would assume it's probably the same?

From what I understand it is three days across the board until the license is valid.. however you do receive the license right then.
  • BYE EVERYONE!!! have fabulous weekends, muah!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards