Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

DOC - your experiences please

Day-of Coordinator: do I need one? (I'm guessing the answer is yes). How much did you pay? Do you recommend anyone?

Many thanks!

Re: DOC - your experiences please

• Options
    Speaking as someone who did not have one, my personal opinion is yes, you do.

I can't help with cost, etc. though sorry.
  • Options
    I would absolutely recommend having a DOC. It proves to be  invaluable. I know that friends and family are more than willing to help  but I wanted them to enjoy the day with me. For the tear down, you really need someone to do that for you and make sure it goes smoothly.

That being said, make sure you clearly communicate what you need done. I loved my DOC (really- month of coordinator) to pieces, but we had a few communication issues (probably my fault). Candles didn't get lit, I was setting up for 2 hours more than what I should have, etc.... but again, mainly it was communication.

My coordinator is affordable and  organized. I would still recommend her- she was under $1000 and was around the entire week, she even came to my bridals to help when my MOH bailed. Her name is Kathleen Arrellano with Celestial Events. 
  • Options

Yes I think DOC is very important, otherwise EVERYONE will come to you for EVERYTHING. I noticed you are in the DC area, if so, you might want to get recommendations from your local board.

• Options
    I had a full-time coordinator, so I can't speak to cost, but I can say that she was PRICELESS.

Seriously, my day was so perfect and well-planned and I totally can't stress how happy my husband and I were with what a great job she did.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I also say that the DOC was hands down the best money I paid for our wedding. Why spend months and months planning the perfect day if you can't enjoy it! I also paid <1000 for my DOC.
  • Options

Looking back, I can't imagine not having one. Apparently there were things that went wrong during the cocktail hour and reception, but I never knew about it which was priceless. I think that if you have a significant amount of decor that needs to be set up, it is a must have. I am a total control freak, so letting go of things was difficult for me, but the execution was just as I envisioned. We paid $1500, which covered day of coordination for ceremony and reception and meetings as far out as 2 months from the wedding date. All I had to do the week of the wedding was meet up with her to drop off all ceremony and reception items that I had purchased, and she took over from there!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_doc-your-experiences-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:024b8d50-4b51-4cb8-abca-289f2d55fd84Post:b5e95a9e-26c3-484d-b405-655743457841">Re: DOC - your experiences please</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your profile is correct, it looks like you're just a couple weeks out from the big day. I wouldn't spend the money on a month-of coordinator because at this point, I assume you have all your vendors. What is your budget?
    Posted by ekparisi[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, I really didn't budget for it. My vendors are all set. I really just need someone there that day.
    Thanks for your help, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards