Snarky Brides

Re: YES.

• Holy shiit I am so there. I can't wait to see the casting. I hope Hayden Paininmyass doesn't get it. I hate her so much.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • I lost respect for her when her movie had Megan "I hate her more than she finds herself sexy and almost as stupid as she is" Fox in it, which probably wasn't her fault.  I do love some SVH, though.  Please don't let the Olsens near it.
  • Personally, looking at my siggy, I think Ali and CMC would make spectacular Wakefield twins.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • I have absolutely no desire to see Jennifer's Body. At all. Not just because Megan Fox is in it (though that doesn't help). But I have high hopes for this. I fuccking loved SVH.

• Awesome. We could center our next GTG around it.
  • I love Sweet Valley High.  I hope they pull a Harry Potter and get totally unknown actors that make a new movie every other year based on one of the books.  I should go pick some up from the library to reminisce.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• OMFG!!!!!!  I wonder who will play Lila.  And Bruce ::swoon::
  • I like the sound of that. Honestly though, I am not sure I ever made it all the way through a SVH book.  I would read up until the make-out/sex (I can't remember if they actually had sex in the books) and then my attention would wonder.  That either speaks to my short attention span, or my adolescent sex drive.  Or perhaps a little from column A and a little from column B.
  • I don't recall much making out or any sex, but I loved the will they get togethers and the makeup/breakups.  Oh, how I wanted a twin. Will Elizabeth be with Todd Wilson, or the dude she dated when Todd moved away (sniff)?
  • Clearly Ali is Jessica and CMC is Elizabeth, right?
  • Remember when their cousin who looked like their triplet came to stay, and they all dressed up as the See/Hear/Speak No Evil monkeys for Halloween and then the cousin was nearly date-raped?  What a fnckin series.
  • I choose to pretend that Jennifer's Body doesn't exist, so this is most excellent news indeed!  I think she could do a really good job on this.  The United States of Tara is excellent and proved to me that she doesn't always write in weird slang terms, so I have high hopes.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Remember when Elizabeth went to the hospital after the motorcycle accident and started acting all irresponsible like Jessica and started going out with Bruce and was totally whorish?

• YES.  And when she fell asleep before the winter ball while pissed at Jessica and dreamed she died on the bus on the way there?
  • Is it weird that I kind of want to go reread a bunch of them?

• The first "novel" I ever read was SVH Spring Break.  They spent it in Cannes.  I know I have recounted that plot here before, but Jess pretends to be Liz to date a handsome older French dude, while iz chips away at their host's brooding son Rene as they zip around town on his moped.  There is a near-drowning.  Good stuff.
  • Let's be weird together! But, I'm pretty sure that would ruin them.
  • I can't remember if it was SVH or SV Twins (the jr. high series) but I loved the plot where Lila wants to be a musician to impress a rock star who is visiting her father, so she takes....wait for it....marimba!
  • wow, memories.  I loved SVT and SVH.  Also, I was convinced I had a twin that my parents gave away and hid from me until one day my mom took out my birth certificate and said, "Look at this.  It says "single birth" right here."  I screamed at her "OF COURSE IT SAYS THAT.  YOU DOCTORED IT KNOWING THAT I'D ASK ONE DAY."  reality hurts, man.Noisy, I also want to reread a bunch of them now.  I wonder if my library has the old-skool ones.
  • I can't remember if this has been posted here before or not, so apologies if this is old news.  One of my favorite blogs is a recap-and-snark site for the books: [url]http://thedairiburger.wordpress.com/[/url].  It's great for reminiscing about Sweet Valley.
  • Squee!  I wonder if my mom got rid of all my SVH and Babysitters Club books.
    image Ready to rumble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards