Snarky Brides
Options

shamwow

have you ever been to Lee Harvey's? I went there with friends the last time was in town. I highly recommend them and their burgers.

Re: shamwow

• Options
    I haven't, but I definitely will! 
  • Options
    oh hey, how was your family reunion?  any exciting stories to share?
  • Options
    Get there early if you go. They have live bands every night and it gets to be standing room only. Also, their onion rings are to die. to die.The reunion was interesting. Everyone was really nice, but I have never heard people mention God so much. Seriously, one of his cousins mentioned God every time she opened her mouth. Every time.There were kids everywhere and at they end they all sang Christian songs while playing acoustic guitar. But, I will say they were very well behaved kids. There were about 12 of them ranging from 21 to 3.
  • Options
    Mmmm onion rings.  Are they big and thick or the really skinny shoestringy kind?I'm hungry enough to eat my own arm right now.  I have a delicious pot of baked potato soup on the stove, but I'm trying to restrain myself until J gets home from his football game.  Glad you had a decent time at your reunion, those things can go either way!  We haven't had one since I was a little kid and I only barely remember it.  It'd be fun to have one with my dad's side of the family because it would be a complete train wreck.  We have odd balls on both sides, though (just like every family)
  • Options
    oooooh, it IS baked potato soup season again! I am so making some this weekend.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's not exactly fall here, but it's dropped below 80 a time or two so that's excuse enough for me to make some delicious soup
  • Options
    They are the thick ones, which I don't normally like. This place is just masterful though.Baked potato soup sounds yummy. Any specific recipe recommendation? I made taco soup tonight.
  • Options
    Your H is from my area right?  If it was here, I hope you enjoyed our fair city.  At least the weather was pretty nice this weekend.We do have some odd fundies around here.  Today at lunch CNN showed a story about a Methodist pastor admitting to his congregation that he used to be a woman and had a sex change, and the congregation was all cool with it.  And one of my co-irkers said, "When's the last time they portrayed religion in a positive light?"  Umm, they ARE.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    The reunion was closer to NOLA, but we stayed with family in Greenwell Springs, which is right in your neck of the woods. The weather was pretty nice except for all of the rain on Saturday. Also, there was some major hunting thing that backed up the roads.  I wish we could GTG sometime. It is so hard having all the family there- it is like I cannot get away.
  • Options
    Ha!  I don't even remember rain on Saturday.  It rains every day here in the summer, so I'm immune.  That does suck, though. And I would love to get together, but I know how it can be with family.  That's how we feel when we go to Memphis.  We have so much family there that we can't not see, and we never spend enough time with our friends.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    No specific recipe recommendations, I basically just flew by the seat of my pants.  It's pretty tasty, though, if I do say so myself.  And it's got plenty of bacon and cheese, so what's not to love
  • Options
    I caved in and ate a bowl. [img]http://i36.tinypic.com/2vtqf78.jpg[/img]Please ignore the fact that I'm in my pajamas.  I changed into them immediately when I got home, and it is the reason I don't have sour cream or green onions for my soup
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards