Snarky Brides
Options

I judge.

Oh, how I judge.My smallest dog (the chihuahua) has nipped my son 4/5 times. And I have no plans to fire up the doggie BBQ. I expect it. She's small, he's rough, she's scared. And sometimes I'm just not supervising them closely enough.  Shite_happens. If your animal nips at your kid, you need to keep them separated. Also, I fail to see how this is an opinion.

Re: I judge.

• Options
    I would judge this too.  Some animals are not meant to be around children.
  • Options
    when her kid has to have plastic surgery to fix some ripped off face issues, maybe she'll rethink. also.  chihuahuas are mean.  yes, I'm stereotyping them.  I am Chihuahuasist.
  • Options
    People who own chihuahuas seem to have a messed up line of what's acceptable.  I assume this comes from owning a dog that looks like a rat.  I would flip if my dog pooped in the house, but chihuahua owners seem to think it's no big deal when their dogs do it.  Like it's a normal thing.  I'm sure the fact it nips at her kid or anybody else also seems perfectly okay.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    I've never known a chihuahua that did not bite. Ever.  I think if your dog bites (or tries to) you need to give it to a childless home or keep him completely separated.  I do not believe that you can ever supervise a biter closely enough.  There's going to be times that you are distracted and it takes only a second.
  • Options
    When I volunteered at the animal shelter I always tried to get out of working with the chihuahuas. I'm chihuahuaist too.

• Options
    They are large rats, of course they bite. Their bitchy and they shake and they just suck. My dog is very laid back, and I still wouldn't ever even put him in the position to bite a kid. It's still animal, no matter who you package it. FFS, separate them.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Options
    I love dogs, but I have to say chihuahuas are the one breed I feel compelled to punt.  I think it's mostly their high pitch yappy barks and the fact that they bark constantly because they think they're hot shitt.Though I also apply this concept to my in-laws' pomeranian because that dog has the most piercing bark of any animal I've ever encountered.  It's like nails on a chalkboard blasted through the loudets megaphone imaginable and it fills me with rage comparable to the incredible hulk
  • Options
    There was an episode of the Dog Whisperer where a lady had a chihuahua that would attack her son (he was maybe 10 or so) if he tried to sit next to her on the couch.  Cesar almost left because she was unwilling to discipline the dog.  He was like, "Your dog is attacking your son.  How is that okay with you?  It bites your kid and you reward it by putting it on your lap and petting it."
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    Oh, I'm judging right along with you.  There are some breeds that are known to be bad with kids - Chihuahuas are one of them.  Also, even if a dog is good with kids, you should be 'supervising them closely enough'.  At the end of the day, even a good dog is a dog. I love Mabel with my whole heart and she's awesome with kids, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let her and little Penelope have unsupervised play dates.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Options
    They don't call it little man/little dog syndrome for nothing.  Those dogs need more discipline than most, but always seem to have owners who would prefer to treat them as a baby who can do nothing wrong.  A biter is a biter, no matter the size.  The owner has the responsibility to do something about it.  Pisses me off that breeds like pit bulls are 100% guilty until proven innocent, but these little shithead dogs get away with murder.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Options
    Pisses me off that breeds like pit bulls are 100% guilty until proven innocent, but these little *** dogs get away with murder.Also, THIS times a billion.There was a chihuahua the other day at the dog park, in the large dog area (hello, you have your own area with the other ankle biters over yonder, do not bring your crazed rat dog in here)- anyway it kept coming after Simba.  Normally my dog doesn't take kindly to this kind of behavior, he's a bit of a lone wolf and would rather run back and forth in sprints and then visit all the humans.  But even he saw how ridiculous it was for this pint-size dog to be acting all ferocious so he kept just looking down at it like "dude, I could take care of you in about two bites, bug off already"
  • Options
    Shamwow, Linus is like Simba. He cares not for other dogs, he would rather run himself ragged, eat all the snow/sand/seaweed he can and then come visit the humans.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Options
    I judge as well, not only for not disciplining the dog but also her son.  Chihuahua's may naturally be biters but most dogs are going to nip a kid who is "rough" with it. I hate when people say what a great dog they have because little Madysyn can pull it's tail, poke it in the eye, ride on it and the dog doesn't care.  Dude, teach your kid dog's aren't toys, nobody should do those things to a dog.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mabel's actually pretty frightened by smaller dogs.  It's kind of a funny sight watching my dog try to run away from that big scary barking yorkie.   
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Options
    Nov, our basset was like that. He'd try to stand down bigger dogs, but the only time he ran fast enough that it yanked out the leash and I couldn't catch him was when a toy poodle yipped at him.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Options
    My aunt and uncle's dog bit me in the face (snapped, no skin broken) when I was little and they didn't get rid of it.  They're kids were older, but we were around the dog regularly even after that.  My uncle hates me, though, so it makes sense.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Options
    Who is Jessibell?  I know we've encountered her before; I remember the wedding pic?  Was she a P&Eer?  Moose, Dani, some other P&E lurker, do you remember her?
  • Options
    She is a lamazoid for sure.
  • Options
    You might remember her from such incidents as the blog contest. I don't know if we know her from wayback, but it is possible.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    I remember the wedding pic too, Fallin. I don't know that it was Knot-related, maybe a BOTB run-in from way back?
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Options
    Maybe.  It was definitely in her sig at that point though.
  • Options
    Fallin, she was the one that simply could not accept that you and I were not AEs because she had never seen us on the nest before.
  • Options
    I know, but that was not our first encounter.  She's been around a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards